• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mohawk - 1.24.14

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 1.24.14

Resort or Ski Area: Mohawk

Conditions: night - dark & cold

Trip Report: got a few runs in while on chaperon duty for our local Parks & Rec Friday Night Ski. it was cold but not terribly windy. Snow conditions were mostly firm but not icey, some pushed around soft stuff in spots.

Someone (not in our group) was hurt badly and had to be air-lifted out :-(

IMG_0537.jpg

MadMadWorld

Geez man I'm sorry to hear that. How are they doing? Didn't someone in your group get taken out by ambulance a few weeks ago? Remind me never to go skiing with you

gmcunni

Geez man I'm sorry to hear that. How are they doing? Didn't someone in your group get taken out by ambulance a few weeks ago? Remind me never to go skiing with you

my group was safe this week but we did have kid go in an ambulance last weekend, concussion (i don't know the severity). as a chaperon i'm supposed to check in on any on-hill accidents i come across to see if it is one of our kids. i came upon 2 last night, same trail same time about 100 yards apart. weren't our kids and at quick glance both appeared not serious (kids sitting up and talking to patrol). it wasn't until the end of the night that i heard about the heli evac.

our kid with the concussion was wearing a helmet. the Parks & Rec program requires helmets for all participants.

WoodCore

Skiing was outstanding at the "Hawk" today! Approaching 3" of fresh when I was leaving and still snowing at a good clip!

sf77

I go skiing every week with my Parks & Rec at Mohawk and I've seen some kids get a few bad injuries. The mountain is small, but fun and close. The conditions seem to be pretty good each week.