• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - 3.9.14 + 3.10.14

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 3.9.14 & 3.10.14

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush

Conditions: sunny and firm then pow over hard pack

Trip Report: i heard it was warm sunny and soft on Saturday, i wasn't there.. i did see large vats of complementary SPF 30 sunscreen around the lodge tho.

temps dropped on Saturday night and everything firmed up. they did some grooming to make things manageable on Sunday. Sun was out temps in low 20s i think. Skied around South, there were a few soft spots but for the most part it was really hard packed. Not a bad day at all just not "great".

Woke up Monday AM to 1" on the car. Was more like 3" at the top of the mountain, a nice surprise. Mountain skied much better. We headed over the North via slide brook lift and skied some great snow. low traffic over there made for multiple runs of nice soft snow.

finished the day back on South. Nice couple of days.

Sunday - headed up castlerock
IMG_0723.jpg

Monday -
pow bumps off north lynx
IMG_0725.jpg

mostly untouched Inverness
IMG_0729.jpg

slide brook ride
IMG_0727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 180

WWF-VT

I skied Mt Ellen on Saturday and it never really softened up except for Brambles which was a lot of fun. The sun was gone by mid day and clouds settled in low so there was limited visibilty from the top of the GMX to the summit. That was a good choice to go to Mt Ellen on Monday where there are dramatically fewer people on the mountain and less competition for fresh tracks.

gmcunni

Forgot to mention, finally got to use my new 98mm skis in some soft stuff, they worked well. even as the snow got choppy my skis just cruised over whatever was in front of me.

ReefBum

Nice report. Hit some spring conditions on North Lynx on Saturday morning when the sun was out.....very soft snow. Clouds rolled in and in a matter of a couple hours things got firm.....it was a tale of 2 days....very weird. Slidebrook did ski very nicely though that afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk