• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 3/26/16

medfordmike

I had pretty much accepted that my season was over. My motorcycle arrived out of storage yesterday. So unless the conditions are good I start to spend nice days on my bike. However, I was antsy after not getting to ski last weekend due to family stuff and it was not looking that warm at home for a ride so I decided to head up one last time to Cannon.

I was thinking about getting a Bold & Beautiful pass for next season. I was surprised that when I got there in person they were offering a free voucher with purchase. I had not seen that anywhere on the website for that particular pass. So that started the day off on the right track. I cashed in the voucher for today and headed out. It was high 20s to start and I only skied until a little after noon when it was still just low 30s.

In the morning it was sunny up top and no wind but cloudy at the bottom. Coverage was good but lots of ice and hard pack. I would describe it as "firm and fast". Maybe it softened up a lot after I left but at noon I was not finding spring snow conditions pretty much anywhere. I had fun anyway and the view was great. It was Bodefest today but the part of the mountain not involved were not empty but I never hit a line more than a few chairs. I tried to hit Mittersill in the morning but the lift was on hold. It did open around lunch I believe but I was heading home.

I try to time skiing and motorcycle season as closely together as possible on both ends. When I got home I even got a quick ride to start the riding season. First time I think I have done both activities in the same day.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Profile:
IMG_0903.jpg

becca m

Excellent report and pics! I was there this morning as well - views from the top were truly amazing! I was hoping for spring conditions as well but if one was careful, the riding was still fun!!!

xwhaler

Also at Cannon yesterday. The AM was a mix of dangerous ice and loose granular. Profile was scary in spots as were Ravine and Upper Cannon. Tramway best of the AM. Lunch break up top and then hammered the Zoomer pod afternoon. By then it was full sunshine down low and it corned up beautifully.

The inversion up high in the AM was pretty incredible. Mtn was busy for bode fest but ski on all day. Another awesome one at Cannon that got better and better as the day went on.

Attachments

• 1459084728660.jpg
    1459084728660.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 1459084744347.jpg
    1459084744347.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 1459084756785.jpg
    1459084756785.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 1459084769497.jpg
    1459084769497.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 183

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Also at Cannon yesterday. The AM was a mix of dangerous ice and loose granular. Profile was scary in spots as were Ravine and Upper Cannon. Tramway best of the AM. Lunch break up top and then hammered the Zoomer pod afternoon. By then it was full sunshine down low and it corned up beautifully.

The inversion up high in the AM was pretty incredible. Mtn was busy for bode fest but ski on all day. Another awesome one at Cannon that got better and better as the day went on.

Profile was fine!

Los

"Awesome" might be a little strong, but all in all I agree with your assessment on Saturday's conditions. Rock Garden was actually a lot of fun...