• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

OH CRAP!!!....... they are opening a 5 Guys Burgers and fries in my town

MR. evil

There is a new building going up at the local shopping plaza, just heard from someone that works in the plaza that it's going to be a 5 Guys Burgers & Fries restaurant. Not good news for my waist line and cholesterol level. Up until now the closets one was in Enfield CT, about a 30 minute drive from home. So I would only go there once every couple of months or so. If this turns out to be true, there will be one 5 minutes from my house.

For those that have never been, 5 Guys is by far the best chain burger joint I have ever been to. But it's also one of the worst for you.

o3jeff

There is a new building going up at the local shopping plaza, just heard from someone that works in the plaza that it's going to be a 5 Guys Burgers & Fries restaurant. Not good news for my waist line and cholesterol level. Up until now the closets one was in Enfield CT, about a 30 minute drive from home. So I would only go there once every couple of months or so. If this turns out to be true, there will be one 5 minutes from my house.

For those that have never been, 5 Guys is by far the best chain burger joint I have ever been to. But it's also one of the worst for you.

Was just at the one in Farmington for lunch today. They did a little remodel there with new tables, chairs and soda machine and was disappointed that they got rid of the birch beer.

MR. evil

Did they still have Cherry Coke? That's my go-to drink at 5 Guys. Really helps wash down the 2lb small order of French fries.

MR. evil

You ever been to Plan B in West Hartford? Awesome gourmet burgers!

Edd

Never tried them but would love to. There's no location near NH as far as I know. The best fast food I've tried is In-N-Out Burger when I lived in CA and I'm praying they make it up this way.

gmcunni

Never tried them but would love to. There's no location near NH as far as I know. The best fast food I've tried is In-N-Out Burger when I lived in CA and I'm praying they make it up this way.

YES. when i used to fly to CA for business a lot my first stop was always In-N-Out Burger.

5 Guys is pretty good too though, as long as you don't have peanut allergies.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They were in a magazine recently as having literally the worst food for you... I think a burger and fries was pushing 2000 calories

Sent with Tapatalk

MR. evil

They were in a magazine recently as having literally the worst food for you... I think a burger and fries was pushing 2000 calories

Sent with Tapatalk

It could easily be 200 calories if you eat all the fries they give you. Have you ever eaten there? No matter what size frie you order, they just scoop a s#%^ load of fried and basically fill up the bottom of a large brown paper bag. When my wife and I go we each get a burger and share a small order of fries, and there are still fries left.

o3jeff

It could easily be 200 calories if you eat all the fries they give you. Have you ever eaten there? No matter what size frie you order, they just scoop a s#%^ load of fried and basically fill up the bottom of a large brown paper bag. When my wife and I go we each get a burger and share a small order of fries, and there are still fries left.

Amateur, I ate the cheeseburger, whole bag of fries and 3-4 root beers myself yesterday.

BackLoafRiver

Amateur, I ate the cheeseburger, whole bag of fries and 3-4 root beers myself yesterday.

Dude....props.

They opened one in Portland recently. I didn't realize that the regular burger had 2 patties on it. Total mangasm. The cajun fries are delicious.

Not that anyone REALLY wants to think about caloric impact if you are heading to a burger joint but you can be semi-health conscious by getting the Jr. Cheese Burger (single patty) and share a small fry. (which actually filled me up) That adds up to approx. 900 calories, but, my theory is if you are going to eat there, go big.

MR. evil

Was it a double cheese burger or a single?

That's he other thing about 5 Guys, a 'hamburger' or ' cheese burger' is a double. If you want a single you order a 'junior' or something like that.

o3jeff

Was it a double cheese burger or a single?

That's he other thing about 5 Guys, a 'hamburger' or ' cheese burger' is a double. If you want a single you order a 'junior' or something like that.

It was a the double with lettuce tomato mayo pickle ketchup and mustard and the Cajun fries. Just glad there wasn't much traffic on the way home!

deadheadskier

Staff member

Only been once. Not a fan of the 'fry dump'. I ordered a burger and small fry. They put the burger and small cup of fries in the sack 1st, then topped off the whole bag with fries. It was pretty freaking nasty to have to reach down through 8 inches of grease covered fries to retrieve the burger in the bottom of the sack. Next time I will be specific that the little cup of fries is all I want. They'll prolly laugh at me for it.

A 'small' order of fries is enough for Five Guys. Perhaps that's where they got their name.

drjeff

Just thinking of a 5 guys bacon cheeseburger with fresh jalapeno slices has me drooling! (And my brain hasn't even thought about their fries yet!)

And BTW, if you didn't know, 5 guys has an app with a store locator and the ability even to order ahead of time for some of their locations!

MR. evil

Just thinking of a 5 guys bacon cheeseburger with fresh jalapeno slices has me drooling! (And my brain hasn't even thought about their fries yet!)

And BTW, if you didn't know, 5 guys has an app with a store locator and the ability even to order ahead of time for some of their locations!

REALLY didn't need to know about that app!

ctenidae

5 Guys is a darn tasty burger, no doubt. Still, I prefer Burgers Shakes and Fries, in Greenwich and Darien. The Darien location has a dandy beer selection. Tast-T.