• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine Touring Binding Comparison Chart

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks... I am looking at new sticks and was really considering AT bindings.... probably stick with standards this year. Maybe next year, I might pick up some corresponding AT skis. My limit is 1 pr / skis per year.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have picked up 12 pairs of new skis in the past 7 years....:blink:

Holy crap! On this I was checking out at bindings at suburban sports yesterday. I ended up not getting them bc I'm going to end up doing 95 percent of my skiing this year lift srrved, most likely

bigbog

As mentioned by quite a few here on AZ, Marker's Baron fits the NE inbound/MEDIUM-outbound-skin-ascent pretty well.
Would like to see the max limit of burliness in that Onyx (G3)..

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

thanks for the chart. i am getting a pair of barrons. I might get a few earned turns in an a year at best,but having the flexibility to do so seems worth it!

skidmarks

Thanks for the Chart!

I just took a look at the new Salomon/Atomic binding and boy did they ever copy the Marker Toe!! I hope Salomon will test this system out better than they did the Quest Boot with tech plates.

PS: Avoid Naxo bindings they make your skis flex in a strange way