• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Faster way to the slopes

legalskier

Flying car soaring in the air in test flight
The Transition can reach around 70 miles per hour on the road and 115 in the air. It flies using a 23-gallon tank of automotive fuel and burns 5 gallons per hour in the air.
Woburn, Mass.-based Terrafugia Inc. said Monday that its prototype flying car has completed its first flight, bringing the company closer to its goal of selling the flying car within the next year.***

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/flying-car-soaring-air-test-flight-article-1.1054796#ixzz1qwPVHbqH

image.jpg

image.jpg

You could make it to SL in half the time! :daffy:

ctenidae

Thule will have the fit kit out next week I heard ;)

The bars and feet are only a couple hundred bucks. The fit kit, on the other hand, will run you $6-$7 grand.....

Would be cool to have, though. The plane, that is.

Kerovick

They need to add some skids to it to you can land it ON the slopes.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That was literally the first thing I thought. Drive to Milford Airport. Fly to Carrabasett Valley. Flip up the wings and roll on up into the lot.

I have a pilot's license and I love the idea of it. But $270k is a little steep for me :)

Would still be pretty cool to see one of these driving down the road though

bigbog

They need to add some skids to it to you can land it ON the slopes.

Most definitely the skids...along with the fit-kit to the wing-mounted-hitchhiker assembly....adding more lift to those aerodynamic wings;-)
Maybe some JATO plus a prop....but I don't see the propellor(sp?)....cuz ya' can't see much of an exhaust from any upgraded powerplant. Sure would be nice if it could run on a far cheaper fuel.....

Last edited:

ScottySkis

It be awesome if they come out with cars that drive themselves on the highway, i would go to north Vermont all the time if they did.