Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I just read ALL of last year's Skiing on the Cheap posts. Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals. Will be looking for certain stuff again this year. Great stuff! Great Thread. Thanks Bill.

My question today is about season passholders getting deals at other mountains. What have been your experiences with this type of offer in past seasons.

Also interested in Ski Super Bowl Sunday deals and St. Patricks' Day Deals. Valentine's Day is a Thursday this year so I'd look at making a weekend of that as well.

HOT in PA today with a nasty line of thunderstorms w possible hail etc. coming today. Nice to think about snow and read last year's thread with a Meathead film on the tube in the background. Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by skivideoguy View Post
    Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals.

Hey SVGUy, can we count on you to post what you find? Let's share the wealth, even if it means repeating itself.

I am clueless about season passes; it's against my religion
    I'm sure others will pipe in, but just don't be in a hurry. Many members go AWOL until September/October.
    You are right that you'll find the best pass deals now. Check their facebook pages. They seem to be announcing stuff there sooner than other outlets.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

I just read ALL of last year's Skiing on the Cheap posts. Wrote down a bunch of what seemed like it might be back and some pricing to remember on deals. Will be looking for certain stuff again this year. Great stuff! Great Thread. Thanks Bill.

My question today is about season passholders getting deals at other mountains. What have been your experiences with this type of offer in past seasons.

Also interested in Ski Super Bowl Sunday deals and St. Patricks' Day Deals. Valentine's Day is a Thursday this year so I'd look at making a weekend of that as well.

HOT in PA today with a nasty line of thunderstorms w possible hail etc. coming today. Nice to think about snow and read last year's thread with a Meathead film on the tube in the background. Think Snow!
    Cannon is always two for one on Super Bowl Sunday.

Hey Bill,

Sure happy to share what I gleaned. I was looking specifically for Sugarbush, MRG and Stowe stuff so that's what I pulled.

Watch The Clymb for Geigerig Pack special - free SB and BOBO for Hunter
    Stowe Club Days - joined ACE, thanks again Bill
    Descente Passport - look at the jackets
    WCAX - Sugarbush $39 midweek - monitor WCAX
    Vermont Pass - 3/$125 or 5/$200 Vermont Ski Area Assoc.
    Vermont Travel Club Card
    SkiRideFree.com Gas station fillup deal - I filled one last year but didn't get to use it.
    RideandskiNE.com
    Snoweastmagazine.com - check for specials
    Boston Globe - boston.com
    WinterGoPlay.com - was good a couple years ago - pickup in travels
    Mad Card $144 3 tickets
    Ski Movie Premiers - lift ticket w movie
    Mountainsportclub.com
    St Pat's - $35 at Stowe last year. 3/17/2013
    Sugarbush $30 Thursdays at Mount Ellen
    PointFM - get a button
    Over the Hill Gang - If your 50+ othgo.com
    Super Bowl Sunday - Sugarbush $55 or $46
    Sugarbush Valentines Day $14
    Killington Late Season 4 Play $199
    Sundays in March at Sugarbush - $44 or $80/2 days
    Mount Ellen $30 rest of season any day started March 5
    Stowe St. Pats $35 wear green

Of course there is Liftopia, Groupon and deals for FB Likes to watch for as well.

That's what I gleaned from skimming last year's thread. May the flakes fly early, pile up deep and never thaw!

Nice summary, thanks.

The Clymb had the Geigerig packs a couple days ago during their huge sale. They we're already sold out when I noticed, so I didn't bother posting it. I'm sure there's a good chance they'll be back. I think the price was $56 for one of the larger packs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Nice summary, thanks.

The Clymb had the Geigerig packs a couple days ago during their huge sale. They we're already sold out when I noticed, so I didn't bother posting it. I'm sure there's a good chance they'll be back. I think the price was $56 for one of the larger packs.
    Really hope this one comes back!

This is brilliant stuff and very dedicated I must say...THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Skier4life View Post
    Really hope this one comes back!
    Definitely try to get one of the geigerrig hydration packs of the clymb. I picked one up last year and use it all the time for hiking and mountain biking. The pressurized system is really nice. Plus I used the Hunter bogo.

SkiRideFree.com Gas station fillup deal - I filled one last year but didn't get to use it.
    Thanks for making that nice list of savings!
    I filled up 2 of the skiridefree.com coupons and didn't get to use either since they weather did not cooperate in march

St Pat's - $35 at Stowe last year. 3/17/2013
    Stowe St. Pats $35 wear green
    Stowe did not have a St. Pat's deal last year because St. Pat's fell on a Saturday. The previous year it was $39.

I believe the wear green deal was for MRG.

From Win's Word at Sugarbush - Joint College Pass w MRG - wish I was in my 20's!

"In just a few weeks, we will be marketing 2012/13 season passes at our early-season rates (these rates are good until September 12th). This year, we are teaming up with Mad River Glen to offer a joint College Pass and offering a new feature on our For20s Pass that allows a For20s passholder to ski MRG on weekdays for an extra $80 plus tax. This partnership with our famed single-chair neighbor is a joint effort to get more people to understand the special nature of the Mad River Valley, and we hope to find other ways to work closely together in the future.

Thread Information