• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northeast Earthquake?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Anyone feel the earthquake .... from what I can tell it occurred in Maine. I live near Worcester and didn't feel it but my in laws in Attleboro, MA felt it.

LiquidFeet

There are two threads about this. I felt it on the north shore of Boston, as did my neighbors. Nothing rattled; just a rumbling and the house shook from the ground a bit.

Edd

Felt it near the Seacoast in NH. Had no idea that's what it was until DHS filled me in.

soposkier

Felt it in Waltham, MA. Thought it was the wind, but then went outside and realized it wasn't windy at all.....

SkiFanE

I was napping, it woke me and I figured a kid stormed in and something was going on. Nope, wtf was it? Fell back asleep, wake up and learn about my 1st quake. Kid and I on 2nd floor felt it, noone on 1st floor felt it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Felt it pretty good here on the seacoast.

It sent one of my best friends wife into labor. :lol:

She was due last Wednesday. They left for the hospital literally 45 minutes after the earthquake. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
As seen on Facebook:

223350_3877699220700_1721806868_n.jpg

tree_skier

Felt it Vernon, VT sitting in the living room after about 10 seconds the wife asked why her house was shaking then another 5 seconds or so of the same then the house was really moving for 5 seconds or so. Knocked pictures off of my daughters wall, Glasses moved across counter etc.