• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

booked a big canada trip for february ... must be august

Smellytele

Haven't hit Purgatory but Taos to Wolf Creek is such a fun 1-2. Totally different cultures, mountains, etc, you're almost guaranteed to get dumped on at WC, and the drive between the two is probably my favorite in the Rockies till you get up to Canada.
I drove between the 2 right after a snow storm. No that much fun. Only 1 lane plowed so the one vehicle I met coming the other way and I had to split the lane.

jaytrem

I drove it after dark. Was not impressed with the scenery at that hour. Perhaps a full moon would have helped.

crank

I actually started out in summit county( abasin and breck and copper.) then drove down for a week in pagosa springs. Flew in and out of Denver

We did a similar road trip but it was in September '21. Hit Colorado Springs, Pagosa Springs, Telluride, Frisco. Flew in and out of Denver.