Lodging in Rutland? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I hope you're kidding. Between 99 & the Applebees in Rutland it's a contest for the worst meal I've ever had.
    Applebees I like, not great but defiantly beats Burger King.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiRaceParent View Post
    I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Rutland for a race a few weeks back and it was really nice, also walking distance to the 99, the best meal in town .
    For the price, I like 99. And their frozen margaritas are excellent.

If you're going to ski in the spring you'll have plenty of options on the access road. One that I found last year is the Hillside Inn, towards the bottom of the access road. The rooms are regular motel rooms but have been recently remodeled with all new furnishings (certainly not the most luxurious, but they're new) and the rooms have kitchenettes. It's pretty cheap too, like $60-$70 early/late season.

Further up the access road the Northstar Lodge and Summit Lodge are also nice, with more amenities but also a bit more expensive.

It's funny that the Rutland culinary discussion is limited mainly to the 99, Burger King, and Applebee's. I miss the Weathervane. And Table 24 is just OK in my book. Good for Rutland.
    Last edited by thetrailboss; Apr 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Royal Hearthside was good in it's heyday. I miss Sawdi's a few miles north in Pittsford.

Nowdays mostly go up to Brandon. Either Cafe Province or Sully's (aka. Patricia's).

Best restaurants in Rutland are Little Harry's and Roots. They're pretty good. Three Tomatoes is not bad.

Regarding hotels, I agree on the Holiday Inn being solid. I've also stayed a couple of times at the Comfort Inn in Trolley Square (Allen St) and it's good. Not as good as Holiday Inn, but good. I book both via Hotwire. You can figure out which hotel it is by looking at amenities. Check out betterbidding.com for help figuring out which Hotwire or Priceline hotel you're looking at.

I second Hillside Inn on the Access Road.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by skiersleft View Post
    Best restaurants in Rutland are Little Harry's and Roots. They're pretty good. Three Tomatoes is not bad.

Regarding hotels, I agree on the Holiday Inn being solid. I've also stayed a couple of times at the Comfort Inn in Trolley Square (Allen St) and it's good. Not as good as Holiday Inn, but good. I book both via Hotwire. You can figure out which hotel it is by looking at amenities. Check out betterbidding.com for help figuring out which Hotwire or Priceline hotel you're looking at.

I second Hillside Inn on the Access Road.

Good luck!

Forgot about Roots, good place to eat but very small.

USED to stay at Comfort Inn for ten years. Had a great deal worked out with the sales manager. Knew most all of the staff by name and they knew mine. New owners this year and,as has already been mentioned, the customer service has gone right out the window with the smell of the curry cooking. I now stay at Turn of River Lodge (very old school bunk house in basement, nice rooms upstairs) for both my work weekends teaching skiing and for my fun weekends skiing with my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    USED to stay at Comfort Inn for ten years. Had a great deal worked out with the sales manager. Knew most all of the staff by name and they knew mine. New owners this year and,as has already been mentioned, the customer service has gone right out the window with the smell of the curry cooking.
    Sad to hear that.

It WAS my favorite place to stay (value for money)

Thread Information