• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine Mtn to be auctioned

Domeskier

Alpine Mountain + Alpine Zone = Alpine Zone Mountain? I would contribute a couple dollars to that!

ScottySkis

In Poconos I'm guessing, any good vertical or challenge their,hopefully they get someone who buys the place that wants to reopen it.

4aprice

In Poconos I'm guessing, any good vertical or challenge their,hopefully they get someone who buys the place that wants to reopen it.

It's original name was Timber Hill a much better description of the place then Alpine Mt. Does that give you a good idea of its vertical and challenge? Similar situation to Tanglwood, don't see this one coming back.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Philpug

450 vert. I grew up there when it was Timber Hill. I hope it reopens, areas like Alpine Mtn are important as feeder hills.

dlague

Seems like this is the third or forth this summer! One tough winter like we had a couple if years ago seems to impact the little guys! They are key feeders and I think they are important to the industry. Too bad a coalition approach isn't implemented that ties into larger resorts.

4aprice

Seems like this is the third or forth this summer! One tough winter like we had a couple if years ago seems to impact the little guys! They are key feeders and I think they are important to the industry. Too bad a coalition approach isn't implemented that ties into larger resorts.

Not so sure your feeder definition applies here. All Pocono ski areas (including Elk) are feeders. With Shawnee Mt just to its east and Camelback just to the west, both with much better facilities, snowmaking and infrastructure, I just don't see a comeback.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Not familiar with the area - just noting that it seems like another feeder (more or less) has died.

BenedictGomez

This is the closest downhill skiing to where I grew up, and yet I've never even been there.

Clearly, this is all my fault.

SIKSKIER

I see where their problem is.
"The 103-acre property includes a lodge, three large social areas, a bar without a liquor license, a ski patrol building, kitchen and dining facilities and a fully equipped ski and snowboard rental area. It has snowmaking capabilities, including a compressor, snow guns, groomer and snowmobiles".