• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Holds at Pico

steamboat1

Bill don't go to Pico if there is any type of wind forecasted. The summit quad is often closed due to wind & without it there isn't much to ski at Pico. Now if they still had the summit poma it would be a different story but they don't. Pico is my local hill & I've been skiing there for decades so I should know.

If you're in the area go to K. The Snowdon quad & K-1 gondola are fairly reliable. From the looks of their webcams they already picked up quite a bit of snow. Have fun.

xlr8r

I should add that if the summit chair is running & Pico gets a lot of pow pow it's one of the better places to be. Fresh tracks could last all day.

That's when you almost want outpost to be closed. Fresh tracks all day at Outpost due to having to traverse over.