• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Mountain conditions for this coming Sunday/Monday? Or drive up to Burke?

first light

I have an invite to stay at a friends house near Burke Mtn but others have suggested Gore. Looking to keep drive time to a minimum since it will only be a 2 day trip. About a 90 mile difference in driving for me, what do you guys think?

ScottySkis

Gore has 20000+ vertical lots of great marked trees runs and is probably best conditions of the year for them. Burki i thhink would be great to but Gore probably skis bigger. i havent bedn to Burke more then once on bad weather day. i have been to Gore a bunch and it is aseesome underrated bill.

twinplanx

Interesting. I'm having a similar dilemma. But my options are Gore or Magic for a day trip from Long Island. I have vouchers for Magic and no tolls on 91 so that would likely be the cheaper option. But Gore has suddenly become a hot topic here and sounds like they have better conditions. I also have a BOGO for Gore and a buddy on his way there. Do I invite myself and my 2 ride alongs to poach some floor space in North Creek or head to Southern VT?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

jimk

What do I know?? But for first light I'd say Burke for good snow and friends. For twinplanx I think Gore is the play. Magic got much less fresh.

twinplanx

Yeah was leaning towards Gore anyway. Thanx jimk! Now to see if I can weasel my way into my buddy's diggs... ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

TwinPlanx you well love Gorr. Taconic has no tolls but that goood for getting to Vermont not sure iyou could take Tac to 90 west to albany to.

skiur

Agreed with gore, great mountain that I dont get to enough. Didnt they do some expansion there recently?