• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

Rowsdower

So Camelback bailed for next weekend, but Blue indicates they "may" open next weekend. Eastern PA is done for the year unless Blue makes good on their teaser for next weekend.
In the Catskills it seems Belleayre and Hunter will be the only ones open next weekend.

Hope to get one more day in at one of those places on Saturday, then probably pack the ski stuff up for the season.

Big Boulder indicates they may try to open for one day the first Saturday in May for a May Day special, but that is likely to be pretty minimal terrain mostly viable for park skiers and riders. If it seems worthwhile, may take the kids for one last day there.

Absolute blowtorch this week: rain and temps above 50-60 pretty much every day. It'll be almost 70 this weekend. Not surprised they bailed. If Blue still has something open though I will definitely make it for one more day. Boulder's May Day is a hike park. Last time I remember it there was no lift serviced terrain. You had to hike up to a small terrain park. Of course, this was seven or so years ago. Maybe they were planning something different but I don't see how they could find the snow for lift serviced terrain in May.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
It took me two days on and off to compile this list for what is happening next weekend in the East and finding potential closing dates. I didn't do it last week due to volume of ski areas still operating.

Let me know if you have any further information.

So here is Ski Mad World's Annual Closing Thread:

Where Are We At? – Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 - Part 2

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/where-are-we-at-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-2/

Go skiing !!!

Last edited:

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I just finished compiling the list and didn't see anyone from Pennsylvania even talking about opening this weekend. It took me two days on and off to compile this list for what is happening next weekend in the East and finding potential closing dates. I didn't do it last week due to volume of ski areas still operating.

Let me know if you have any further information.

So here is Ski Mad World's Annual Closing Thread:

Where Are We At? – Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 - Part 2

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/where-are-we-at-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-2/

Go skiing !!!

As noted above, Blue Mt in Palmerton PA has posted that they are considering opening on the 12th and 13th and will make the call within the next couple days

Quietman

Mt Abram is reopening for Sat only.

The mountain is still covered in white and we are going to be open on Saturday April 12th only, for one final hurrah. We will be open with the Tbar only from 10:00am to 3:00pm with limited food and bar services and $10 lift tickets. All midweek season passes will be honored. There will be no Westside and no Tubing Park. The bar will close at 5:00p.m. We will have burgers and hotdogs available on the grill outside. The mountain will have extremely limited grooming. Come on down and share one last day hanging out with your friends helping us finish emptying out the coolers and capping off a great season.

Quietman

And from Black Mountain of Maine.

Big things happening on Closing Weekend! Barbequing in the sun on the deck, two days of live music, and our Closing Day (Sunday, April 13th) is going to be a Donation Day! Pick your price and donate whatever amount your family can afford to ski and tube all day long!

catskillman

Belleayre is done Sunday the 13th.

Too bad, the following Saturday after Hunter closed was always Hunter day there

ScottySkis

This looks interesting... Any idea how many tickets have been sold so far?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk
i dont know how many worth a call to their customer service Friday. i know if they sell enough tickets thwy will refund the 20$.

twinplanx

i dont know how many worth a call to their customer service Friday. i know if they sell enough tickets thwy will refund the 20$.

It's going to be a game time decision for me. Still trying to round up a copilot from L. I. It looks like it's only $5 more at the door, so I'll hold off. Just hope there aren't 90 something people with the same plan...

Zand

"Join us this Sunday, April 13th, for our SpringFest celebration! Enjoy FREE tubing, Air Bag action and contest, an outdoor BBQ and beer bar, and live music from Bruce Jacques! If conditions stay this good we may be open next weekend too! Keep an eye on wachusett.com for all the latest updates and details!"

Never seen them open till April 20th... a 5 month, 4 day season would be crazy for Wachusett.

ScottySkis

It's going to be a game time decision for me. Still trying to round up a copilot from L. I. It looks like it's only $5 more at the door, so I'll hold off. Just hope there aren't 90 something people with the same plan...

PLATTY will not be open Sunday.

Come to JHunter i be their so will are regulars from here.