• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington vs Sundayriver

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
OK,I'll bite.Can the beast really be considered first open even with daily operations with skiing only up top while others have t2b already?Fire away.
Everybody likes to say they are first at something. It's called "free advertising".
What does T2B have to doing with be open daily? Not including the southeast areas, which beat everyone in the northeast, Sunday River was first to open by 2 hours. Killington was first to open on a daily basis. And fill in the blank as to whom was the first to open on a daily basis with T2B skiing. Next milestone: who will be first to claim 100% open. It's usually Mad River Glen among the big areas, but a few of the sub-1000 feet vertical areas sometimes be out MRG.

yeggous

Does anyone care about the daily basis part? A lot of areas close midweek due to numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

jerryg

I think what matters most is that we are able to ski and that's all I care about.
SR and Wildcat were the first with T2B and SL had two trails off the SQ. I'd personally take the SL offering that weekend over anyone else, but distance was a factor.
SR was the first to be T2B daily, but K was the first to be daily. I think it's a toss-up. Honestly, I get why SR closed - No reason to just bleed money when no one would be there and realistically, the trails were being used by Gould. If they wanted to be open daily at the same time, they easily could have been. Sure, I would have liked it, but I see the rationale by management. It's the same every year and won't change. Hats off to K for biting the economic bullet and staying open. If I needed to ski during those 4 days, I would have gone there.

Everybody likes to say they are first at something. It's called "free advertising".
What does T2B have to doing with be open daily? Not including the southeast areas, which beat everyone in the northeast, Sunday River was first to open by 2 hours. Killington was first to open on a daily basis. And fill in the blank as to whom was the first to open on a daily basis with T2B skiing. Next milestone: who will be first to claim 100% open. It's usually Mad River Glen among the big areas, but a few of the sub-1000 feet vertical areas sometimes be out MRG.

Quietman

If Crotched wasn't limited on H20 storage, I would bet on them. As it is, it's pretty much a toss up.

yeggous

If Crotched wasn't limited on H20 storage, I would bet on them. As it is, it's pretty much a toss up.

Yeah the water supply is an issue. Other than that they hands down have the best snow making capacity vs terrain ratio in New England.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

pshydriad@gmail.com

I think that Sunday River is great if you have kids.... lots of trails and places to go with them so that you don't get bored. It also doesn't hurt to have the hottub trailside.