• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

bootladder

Guns fired up on Rocket, Gary's, Lower Cannon and Paulies today!

Zoomer dead. Avalanch dead. Quiet everywhere else.

Nice skiing until about 1:30, when the Profile team showed up.

dlague

Guns fired up on Rocket, Gary's, Lower Cannon and Paulies today!

Zoomer dead. Avalanch dead. Quiet everywhere else.

Nice skiing until about 1:30, when the Profile team showed up.

Yup

On FB

Homebrew. The snowmaking blizzard on Gary's & Rocket gave us some of the best powder conditions of the season, and we expect more of the same for Tuesday. Look for Paulie's Folly to open soon too. Make plans.

Also in comments they added that Tramway will be the next Summit run. IMO that is dumb since you will have Upper Cannon, Tramway and Peabody unloading happening in the same area. Upper Ravine would have been nice to spread out people.

finallyCannon.jpg

Cannonball

Come on over to Burke. You'll fall in love with the snow making here!

I know!! That's why I dip into the Burke thread now and then to caution people about their choices down here. Both are a wreck.

I can walk to Loon. I really don't love the place, but I have to admit that it's a well oiled machine. Cannon's only been at it for 76 years, maybe they'll get it right next year....

dlague

I know!! That's why I dip into the Burke thread now and then to caution people about their choices down here. Both are a wreck.

I can walk to Loon. I really don't love the place, but I have to admit that it's a well oiled machine. Cannon's only been at it for 76 years, maybe they'll get it right next year....

Loon has cranked out some terrain at 191 acres and while Bretton Woods was bragging about most open terrain a couple weeks ago, Loon has blow their doors off. I am seriously thinking about doing one of their $31 Sunday afternoons.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I took advantage of that Loon deal two Sunday's last year. Neither day featured great conditions, which helped with keeping the crowds down. Good value

freeski

Sweet! They should have the whales pushed out by late January and have it skiable for Feb vacation.

Good one, Hey they're making progress. It seems like SR and Killington make snow on trails over and over. At Cannon once everything is open they make a ton of snow on a trail in one push and then they're done. Do you guys think this tends to be true?

Puck it

Good one, Hey they're making progress. It seems like SR and Killington make snow on trails over and over. At Cannon once everything is open they make a ton of snow on a trail in one push and then they're done. Do you guys think this tends to be true?
For some trails yes. They will go back hit some of them if needed.

steamboat1

Stowe is reporting 7"-12" in the last 24hrs. so there was snow around.

POOF!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Poof..jpg
    Poof..jpg
    50 KB · Views: 291

SIKSKIER

I see they have now changed the "looking ahead" segment which verifies JD's e-mail.Makes a lot more sense.

Looking Ahead - After we wrap-up snowmaking on the Front 5 this midweek, we’ll try to open terrain in the Tuckerbrook Family Area for the weekend. Then we'll make a move for select terrain at the upper & mid mountain. Beyond that, we have our sights set on our first-ever snowmaking effort on Mittersill and Baron’s Run, so stay tuned for updates in the coming week.