• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 2/22/15

watkin

To fill out some more Catskill stoke, here are some remarks on Sunday's pow fest.

Best conditions I've _ever_ seen on the mountain. Although, while barely noticeable, it was also the most crowded I've ever seen it as well. Have only been here a couple times, but each time I seem to find a new stash to exploit. This time was no exception.
The storm totals claimed 7" which was probably accurate while the base in the trees hosted at least 2 more feet of cushion-soft snow underneath. Perfect for ripping it up as fast as your skis can carry you. Was bouncing off of every rise and ran through some knee deep drifts at times.

My pics do not do it justice:

IMG_1677.jpg

While not totally untracked, the new snow helped cover up any previous traces:

IMG_1675.jpg

The day started off overcast, and foggy at the top, but by 11, the sun started peaking out:

IMG_1682.jpg

Landmark rock to show the locals where this zone was:

IMG_1676.jpg

Hit several of these boulders during the day at full speed, this was the only one I was going slow enough to take a pic of.

Another epic day at such an unassuming hill. Enjoy!

SkiRay

Love Plattekill and we need to get back there. We hit it in December and it was off the hook great. 1st time too. Did you see our video that Ski The East Tweeted?