• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

wtcobb

That would surprise. I would think Otten would have already made a press release stating plans to take full advantage of Saddleback's 4000 vertical feet, 10k acres of terrain and 300" of annual snowfall

Don't forget that if Otten were running the show, Saddleback would have been 100% open in mid-November. :lol:

Jully

With the steepest, longest, widest, biggest, baddest, newest, awesomest, bump/tree/groomer run in the East!

+1

Highly doubt it's Otten though. Hes way to involved with Balsams to also go and secretly buy Saddleback. Everything I've heard out of there thus far says foreigners and new players.

Whitey

I've got some inside intel that let it slip who the new owner is. Pictured below. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Maine is a swing state, it's a good deal on the real estate, and there are very few Mexicans in the area.

attachment.php

Attachments

• trump.jpg
    trump.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 239

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've got some inside intel that let it slip who the new owner is. Pictured below. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Maine is a swing state, it's a good deal on the real estate, and there are very few Mexicans in the area.

attachment.php

:lol:

"It's going to be the best damn resort in the world!"

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Will he build a wall around the resort and make the state of Maine pay for it?

VTKilarney

Maybe the new owner will be Bernie Sanders.

He'll charge $1 to ski but there will be a $200 tax. The cafeteria worker will earn $95 an hour. Management will earn $25 an hour.

wtcobb

"It's going to be the best damn resort in the world!"

It'll be UUUUUUGE.

I can see it now: "People say you can't make snow in June. But there are some scientists - some very smart scientists by the way - who I have that say that I can. We'll be making snow year-round here, year round. Far more snow than any of the other guys. Otten? What a loser."

Mapnut

To change the subject (you're welcome), it's kind of sad these days, and yet not sad, to look at the Saddleback webcam ticking away unattended: www.saddlebackmaine.com/webcam Looks like it's snowing there more than anywhere else. The good news for the new owner: by the time they open, if they can, they won't have to make any snow at all.

wtcobb

To change the subject (you're welcome), it's kind of sad these days, and yet not sad, to look at the Saddleback webcam ticking away unattended: www.saddlebackmaine.com/webcam Looks like it's snowing there more than anywhere else. The good news for the new owner: by the time they open, if they can, they won't have to make any snow at all.

Yup. Saddleback will make for a great EYT peak in the meantime!