• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

SIKSKIER

Kind of surprized at all the love the Berry family is getting on FB and elsewhere.The SB regulars have been hung out to dry for about 6 months on a false pretense of having to get a lift replacement before reopening this year.I called BS when that first notice was put out there.I'll bet if they do open that the Rangley will spin.

salsgang

Kind of surprized at all the love the Berry family is getting on FB and elsewhere.The SB regulars have been hung out to dry for about 6 months on a false pretense of having to get a lift replacement before reopening this year.I called BS when that first notice was put out there.I'll bet if they do open that the Rangley will spin.

Your perspective is not without merit. We choose to look ahead an hope for the best but lets say this will be an interesting business school case study someday.

Last edited:

tipsdown

This has definitely been well received, I think in large part because the Berry regime is almost over….Skiers are looking ahead. The message and refund program came from the new owner.To that point, the likelihood of a deal getting done is very high. Most of all, people are just relieved. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there will be skiing at Saddleback this year.

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

any rumblings to who or what entity will be completing the purchase? Any chance Peak Resorts is still in play as an acquisition to their portfolio?

tipsdown

I've heard a lot of rumblings but nothing I'd consider reliable...Whoever it is, they've made an effort to lay as low as possible. It's remarkable how successful they've been in keeping this under wraps. I'm almost sure Peak is not involved however....

dlague

Roots Estate bought a chunk of land there - could be a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tipsdown

I was told the pass pricing is old...it hasn't been updated since July.

I agree on the new owner.....A new player.

Edd

$69 for a day pass also sounds high for there. I feel like it was $49 only a couple of years ago.

VTKilarney

I am going to make a bold prediction: Les Otten, or a group he is affiliated with.

Peak has no problem announcing prior to closing, so I don't think that it's them. I'm wondering if financing still needs to be secured, thus the secrecy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That would surprise. I would think Otten would have already made a press release stating plans to take full advantage of Saddleback's 4000 vertical feet, 10k acres of terrain and 300" of annual snowfall

VTKilarney

I hope that the owners of Bear Creak Mountain Resort purchased Saddleback. They could sell a collective pass and call it the Bear Back Pass.