• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FOR SALE: Crested Butte CO, Northstar CA, Brighton UT, Sunday River ME & 12 More Ski

Jully

Only one carpet loader. Wished they added more. Biggest hit on SR for me is that all the terrain I ski is served by fixed grip lifts that are all on the older side. Compared to SL and Wildcat I'd rather have the HSQ or Skyline. Throw a carpet on Aurora or and I'd double my visits there in a year easily.

The variety means you'll never get bored though.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Only one carpet loader. Wished they added more. Biggest hit on SR for me is that all the terrain I ski is served by fixed grip lifts that are all on the older side. Compared to SL and Wildcat I'd rather have the HSQ or Skyline. Throw a carpet on Aurora or and I'd double my visits there in a year easily.

So other than Spruce, what other SR lifts have carpet loaders?

SkiFanE

I must be an oddball lol. It seems, in general, in my experience (enough disclaimers?!) that the slower lifts at SR have shorter lines and it's all a wash. I hate the spruce carpet loader - don't get the point and I don't think it made much difference. Seems the system causes more stopping so net travel time is same. Plus, after a good hard run (I hit bumps) - my legs need a rest. I would rather have no line and a slow lift then a longer line with quicker lift. I couldn't imagine choosing a mountain because of fixed vs detachable....other things sure (line length overall, lift placement etc). At SR - the faster lifts are the ones to be avoided on busy days.

Smellytele

I must be an oddball lol. It seems, in general, in my experience (enough disclaimers?!) that the slower lifts at SR have shorter lines and it's all a wash. I hate the spruce carpet loader - don't get the point and I don't think it made much difference. Seems the system causes more stopping so net travel time is same. Plus, after a good hard run (I hit bumps) - my legs need a rest. I would rather have no line and a slow lift then a longer line with quicker lift. I couldn't imagine choosing a mountain because of fixed vs detachable....other things sure (line length overall, lift placement etc). At SR - the faster lifts are the ones to be avoided on busy days.

I agree with this. The times I skied at Stowe I have avoided the fourrunner and rode the lookout because one had a shit show line and the other was ski on.

Vortex

I spend very little time in a lift lines. Usually a few minutes while waiting for the lift to open, and I avoid Barker Jordan from 10.30 to 1.30. Ski right on to the lift most times.