• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

yeggous

From the time it started.

Yes, this reaction is exactly what the Islamic State wants. Westerns get angry and persecute muslims in Western countries. This persecution radicalizes the persecuted and begets more extremists.

freeski

+1 Tin.

Hate begets hate. This is an organization driven by creating fear and hatred around the world. When we lose our humanity and compassion, when fear and suspicion turns into xenophobia and bigotry, they've won.
I agree also. I was raised to believe "you do not hate anyone, you just dislike their ways". It's hard to think of a more messed up situation for the world to be in. I think most of us agree though that we can't just put our heads in the sand and pretend this will pass. It won't. There are people who recognize this for what it is and those who want to ignore and hope for the best.

ctenidae

You guys should really read that article from The Atlantic. It's not Islam that's a problem- Islam is just the excuse. I'm quite certain you can put together an interpretation of Christian writings to accomplish much the same thing. The end goal is Armageddon- work backwards from there. Hell, you could probably do the same with Shintoism, Zoroastrianism, or any other -ism you'd like. If you get caught up in names, you lose, because you miss the point.

I heard this morning briefly that the Syrian passport they found was a fake, likely planted by the bombers. I think this sounds like a very well thought out, elaborate plan. It goes something like this:

1) Investigators find the Syrian passport. Kneejerk reaction: The terrorists are sneaking in as refugees! Close the borders!
2) Discover the passport is fake. Kneejerk reaction: It's not the refugees after all- let the poor suffering fools in!
3) Open borders. Profit.

The folks at ISIS are very smart. They are very organized. They are very, very driven. They are operating from a completely different playbook. They have a set of goals that we're not equipped to understand. We can't play by the political rules and expect to survive. The dangerous balance for us, as Westerners, is to do what is necessary, compromise our principles enough, but not too much. Maybe we have to temporarily give up some of our humanity, to avoid having it all taken away from us. We are staring into the abyss, here, and it is staring back at us.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I agree also. I was raised to believe "you do not hate anyone, you just dislike their ways". It's hard to think of a more messed up situation for the world to be in. I think most of us agree though that we can't just put our heads in the sand and pretend this will pass. It won't. There are people who recognize this for what it is and those who want to ignore and hope for the best.

+1 Reasons why they hate us
Jack Daniels , Bikinis , Free speech , Freedom of religion , Women drivers ,support for Israel , recently added Gay Marriage .
If you believe in any if these things you are a target .

I don't think any other religion comes close to the violent acts done in its name .

Funky_Catskills

Yes , When you do note the dates ....After or in response to the Muslim incursions. Overboard, perhaps?
also many years ago pre reforms.

A lot of it was - convert or be tortured... Kind of like ISIS..

Islam will be going through a reform once people rise up and stop this nonsense..
Just like every other religion has..

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
A lot of it was - covert or be tortured... Kind of like ISIS..

Islam will be going through a reform once people rise up and stop this nonsense..
Just like every other religion has..

I hope you are right!

A riddle for now , What does a stone have have in common with a Moderate Muslim ?
A . Neither one has an opinion.

MadMadWorld

In other news, Anonymous shut down 5,500 twitter accounts...how does that help? They must be pissed that they have to build up their followers all over again!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I believe it was said it was the Twitter accounts of ISIS recruiters and it also gave names and addresses for the account holders. Probably fairly meaningless ultimately

MadMadWorld

I believe it was said it was the Twitter accounts of ISIS recruiters and it also gave names and addresses for the account holders. Probably fairly meaningless ultimately

Well that's better. These guys hide behind masks in the videos so it probably pisses them off if they are getting outed.