• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf and/or Saddleback during/after the storm?

UnusualShrub

Hi all! I just planned a last minute trip to sugarloaf/saddleback this upcoming Sunday - Tuesday, then noticed that there was a storm coming after booking lodging. My lodging is within striking distance of either for Sunday/Monday, though I'm probably doing Sugarloaf on Tuesday. I was wondering which mountain people thought would be better both during and after the storm, particularly in terms of likelihood of the lifts running - I'll definitely check day of, but trying to make some advance plans. In terms of trails I'm not a big tree skier, but will alternate between just about everything else on the mountain.

Thanks!

chuckstah

If everything is on hold, at least the t-bar will likely run at Saddleback. You can ski a fair amount of terrain from it. I've been burned many times at SL with everything shut down, but you really never know what will happen at either. Last minute call.