The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 205

AlpineZone

Page 205 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2372
    Im here. Look for twin 7 year old girls if anybody wants to say hello. Great day so far! Thanks all!

[QUOTE=JoeB-Z;1019598]
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    Grooming and hopefully a little snow Thursday Joe!

I"ll be there! Bright orange pants, old and a bit hefty. What a combination.
    Arrived at 1pm. More than a little snow. I don't think the mountain had any rain. At first it was the sort that stuck to your goggles then it improved. There was plenty of new snow. 3-5 inches. It was soft and a bit of work but by no means unpleasant. Wizard and Talisman were a treat. It seems like the icy base on Talisman, perhaps due to grooming, was softer. Consequently it was fun to find the plenty of soft stuff and no issue if you found the harder base. I bet Goniff was a hoot but I am not adept enough not to beat up my skis. I think tomorrow I will give it a go.

Skied bell to bell, great day! Goniff and TZ bumps were sweet. Westside glades were....intetesting. Aim for the light, not much snow under the evergreens.

Spring Fling on Saturday was amazing. Funnest event of the year. A few of the highlights:

- participated in the free timed race down Showoff and (barely) achieved my goal of not finishing last
    - won T shirt in the Flamingo toss by hitting the target barrel from the Red Chair
    - watched some participants in the 1st annual shovel race
    - had a shot of warming cinnamon whiskey at the Sunshine Corner snow bar
    - cut over from Black Line and skiied some sections in the middle of Red Line that I had never had the nerve to try before
    - had some delicious BBQ on the back deck

Conditions were great, lots of soft snow on the natural trails, and in the afternoon the sun came out. Only thing dicey I encountered was the first steep section on Witch, scoured down to almost pure ice by the wind.

Only complaint was there was so much stuff going on, I didn’t get to ski as much as I would have liked!

Just a note for season pass holders. It looks like Magic will be a hard stop on 4/7. Hopefully that's because JamaicaMan wants to take the chips off the table with a profit! Bolton Valley looks to be open one more week and our passes are good. They got clobbered with the last snow also.

The NEW Magic Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post
    Just a note for season pass holders. It looks like Magic will be a hard stop on 4/7. Hopefully that's because JamaicaMan wants to take the chips off the table with a profit! Bolton Valley looks to be open one more week and our passes are good. They got clobbered with the last snow also.
    This has been our closing date 3 years in a row since we purchased Magic and will be for the future unless there is an unusual early April powder day. Almost nobody comes, even pass holders, and even when we have almost all our terrain open. Makes no financial sense for a small business like ours. But we’re happy to go into April every year!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Last edited by JamaicaMan; Mar 30, 2019 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    This has been our closing date 3 years in a row since we purchased Magic and will be for the future unless there is an unusual early April powder day. Almost nobody comes, even pass holders, and even when we have almost all our terrain open. Makes no financial sense for a small business like ours. But we’re happy to go into April every year!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Will not be there for next weekend, but hope you guys end up with a nice return for this year. If closing early allows that to happen, so be it (disclaimer not a passholder but only because of distance). Would rather Ski Magic another whole season than one more weekend in April!

You guys have done a great job bringing the mountain back to being viable again and with some nice improvements to boot. My trips to Magic a few times each season normally end up in my top 10 days category, look forward to many more in the seasons to come.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Magic planning to be open on April 13&14th is foolish. There is just not the skier visits, the base could be gone (not this year), and regardless of the base the weather/skiing could suck. The first week of April is the most sensible closing date, knowing of course that JM and DW will open the next week if the skiing happens to be Magical.....

And this year, I think I'd rather have them start with the new Black Quad asap!
    Last edited by slatham; Mar 30, 2019 at 6:20 PM.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

When does the new quad installation work begin? All systems go for next year?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information