Vail to buy Stowe? - Page 17

AlpineZone

Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    My information came today through my best friend who owns a couple of restaurants in town. A top executive of the mountain has been a close family friend of his for 20 years and said there was never any real serious discussion. Now, it's certainly possible that this executive was telling a white lie to quiet rumors until a deal goes through, but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Sounds like they are at least kicking the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post

Agreed. This at least shows that they are paying attention to the northeast. That alone is an interesting development.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post

Negative. Nothing substantial. This executive straight up told my buddy the Vail guys came to make a visit (it's not unusual for ski area executives to visit other areas) a memo went out to alert some managers of the visit and roll out the red carpet with service and the rumor mills got churning.

Again, it could be a white lie, but I don't think so. When I lived in town rumors swirled all the time about the mountain being for sale and potential buyers coming through town. In today's age of social media it wouldn't be unreasonable if a rumor like this just ran wild.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Negative. Nothing substantial. This executive straight up told my buddy the Vail guys came to make a visit (it's not unusual for ski area executives to visit other areas) a memo went out to alert some managers of the visit and roll out the red carpet with service and the rumor mills got churning.
    Smart folks like to learn. Stowe is "Stowe" for a reason. Definitely a great hill, serious reputation and, pulling-down big bucks for tix & real estate....Guys at Vail smart enough to know....they don't know it all.

Deal is done...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vail-r...130000462.html

Guess the rumors were true. Amazing how things quieted down for a couple weeks and then "boom...press release, deal done!"

Also looks like the original rumors had an extra 0 in the price. Now the interesting question, with a price of $50 million for Stowe, what does that do for the potential sale value of Jay (and Burke)?

50 millions ?

...Vail Resorts looks forward to integrating Stowe Mountain Resort into its Epic Pass and other season pass products for the 2017-18 winter season, subject to the acquisition closing. With the Epic Pass, Vermont skiers and snowboarders will have unlimited access locally at Stowe at an attractive price as well as the best of the West at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Tahoe; and Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Interesting to note that the deal does NOT include "Other facilities such as the Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe Mountain Club, Stowe Country Club and certain real estate owned and held for potential future development".

The $50mil number makes sense only because of this nugget...

"Other facilities such as the Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe Mountain Club, Stowe Country Club and certain real estate owned and held for potential future development will be retained by MMC (Mount Mansfield Co)."

Real estate/potential future development was where any real potential value was for Vail. I am surprised that they bought it without that.

Thread Information