• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need recommendation on GPS tracker for ski

ussk1er

Does anybody know a good ski gps tracker? One that can record my ride? I looked at one called Downhill Smart - seems good, but require subscription... Any ideas would be appreciated!

LookinForTreeS

I use Trace Snow, it just uses your gps signal only so you can turn airplane mode on and save your battery. It also collects some cool data, like top speed, number of jumps, total runs, ect. Fun to compare with your friends

gmcunni

BUMP - tried to upload my TRACE session today and it failed. Google search tells me that they've canned the app ( not they seem to be focused on Soccer). What's everybody using these days?

hub8

Ski tracks. Good satellite map mode, good backup of histories. I have gone through like 3 cell phones and still have all my history. Worth the $1 or how ever much I paid. Tried many of the free apps before settling on the Ski Tracks.