• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder Mountain beta.

crank

Been there and yes, the starts look scary when groomed. Outside of races, they rarely are and moguled up they don't seem so steep. IIRC at least, been almost 2 decades since I've been.

When we skied the DH start it was snowing hard and you couldn't really see it that well so no it did not feel scary steep. If it was FIS water infused ice than I don't think I'd want to be there, certainly not on my soft old G3 skis seen in pic 3 posts up.

Thanks for the memories JimK!

Hoodoo

Thanks for all the replies, folks. Def gonna put PowMow on my list. Even if those new owners sound gross AF.

KustyTheKlown

indy pass reservations are open for powmow now. if you are on an indy payment plan, you need to go make your last payment before you can reserve. i think this is also true about going to any indy place and trying to redeem. a bit of a fault in their system, no one was told they need to make final payment (gets auto debited early December) before skiing.

Edd

If you’re on a trip there and want to switch up days on short notice, does anyone know if they have flexibility if they’re not fully booked for skier visits? I dislike deciding which days to ski there 3 weeks before I go.