Bra trees - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra trees

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Can I designate a "bungee cord tree" and toss a bunch of bungee cords onto a specific lift line tree next year at Sugarbush?
    You can. But I will identify that tree and bring my high school jock strap from Lacrosse team. And then you will be responsible for starting a new trend much worse than the bras.

As seen at Alta:

bead tree.jpg
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Weren't they panty trees back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    You can. But I will identify that tree and bring my high school jock strap from Lacrosse team. And then you will be responsible for starting a new trend much worse than the bras.
    Thread ruined.

Good for Alta; more places need to ban it.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Who here feels they have gotten out of control? Used to be there was one bra tree on a mountain, and it had one well placed bra on it. Now, it's every lift line it seems like, and there's half a dozen bras, and beads on every tree up the line and those CD disks. I mean, it just looks like litter now.

I know i don't need to ask for them, but I'd like your opinions please!
    EVERY lift line? C'mon. The big one was ripped down with new Spruce. Whatever. The orange rope all the way down right side of Bims Whim makes my blood boil tho lol. That is ugly litter.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Weren't they panty trees back in the day?
    If by "back in the day" you mean this season and every season under the Skye Peak Express Quad...

Let's be clear: The reason nobody has mentioned panties yet is because these are not WOMENs underwear this is KIDs underwear. There's no appeal here! If you are 12 years old you get a pass. Otherwise........

Actually @ Sugarbush on April 22nd I noticed some of the most glaring examples. I believe under all 3 major lifts in operation but most memorably beside Heaven's Gate.

If my vote counted I'd say clean that stuff up but don't make it a hardcore rule. Just clean it up a couple times a season and eventually it will lose it's draw.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; May 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

As to the OP, I have to agree. There used to be ONE "lucky tree" at a resort for folks to throw beads on during spring skiing and riding. Now, at least at Alta, there are like ten trees under Sunnyside. There are like four under Gadzoom at Snowbird. I'm not sure why folks needed more than one tree to decorate. It is a problem at Alta because that is National Forest land, and, at least before El Trumpo, the NFS was pretty concerned about impacts to the forest.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for all those squirrels and chipmunks strangled to death by discarded bra straps and mardi gras beads.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Again not surprised NJ has a strong standing in this area. No frickin way this started at Vail.
    This made me laugh. Being from NJ, my first thought was there was no way this originated in Vail.

While not a big fan of the bra tree, it's the empty beer cans that disappoint me. My imagination allows me to think that my fellow skiers share my love of the outdoors and a desire to keep our environment clean.

Thread Information