Attitash Summit Triple Problems 2018-2019 - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Seems too easy, but I would argue that Attitash was by far the most mismanaged property of all the Peak Resorts. At least they really cared about Crotched in the beginning. Attitash seemed like an "oh yeah, we still own that place?" type of situation for Peak. It's sad because it could have been second to Mount Snow on the totem pole thanks to the big summer business and MWV instead of what it became.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    It has felt like an afterthought going back to the later ASC days. Really ever since they stopped short of replacing the triple after installing the flying yankee.

On a somewhat related note, it would be great to see Vail build a summit lodge at Wildcat. I understand Peak agreed to let the summit area grow in, but there's probably a way to pull it off if Vail wanted to pull it off.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Everyone talks about the attitash triple, first priorities need to be the water at wildcat and roof on bear lodge. Either tear the bear lodge down or fix the damn roof, nobody should be working in that mold infested sieve and give the people at wildcat some water that is actually drinkable.

Next priority for vail in nh needs to be a true beginner trail off the summit at the crotch.
    Last edited by thebigo; Jul 28, 2019 at 6:20 AM.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Everyone talks about the attitash triple, first priorities need to be the water at wildcat and roof on bear lodge. Either tear the bear lodge down or fix the damn roof, nobody should be working in that mold infested sieve and give the people at wildcat some water that is actually drinkable.

Next priority for vail in nh needs to be a true beginner trail off the summit at the crotch.
    I think the Bear Peak lodge will be on the short list if the crowds improve. You think there's actually a fix to the water situation at the kitty? I figure a water bottle filtration system would do the trick (and something similar for the bar).

Bear roof is being fixed this summer.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I'm still waiting to see Vail spend any significant money in the East. They have not to date with Stowe/Okemo/Sunapee. $15million the next 2 years across 17 areas doesn't have enough for lifts. Hopefully Attitash is included in their spring lift announcements.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I'm still waiting to see Vail spend any significant money in the East. They have not to date with Stowe/Okemo/Sunapee. $15million the next 2 years across 17 areas doesn't have enough for lifts. Hopefully Attitash is included in their spring lift announcements.

What's the status of the expansion at Sunapee? That seemed like the only major potential need between the three areas (I am totally ignorant to Okemo in full disclosure). I also wonder if acquiring Crotched will quell the need to expand Sunapee in Vail's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    What's the status of the expansion at Sunapee? That seemed like the only major potential need between the three areas (I am totally ignorant to Okemo in full disclosure). I also wonder if acquiring Crotched will quell the need to expand Sunapee in Vail's eyes.

They had moved some of the plans along but nothing imminent to my knowledge at Sunapee. I feel like Stowe Mansfield side could use some lift modernization, especially considering Vail considers it a top tier offering.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    They had moved some of the plans along but nothing imminent to my knowledge at Sunapee. I feel like Stowe Mansfield side could use some lift modernization, especially considering Vail considers it a top tier offering.

Yeah I would have expected either a Toll House parking expansion and lift update or some rework of the capacity between the 4runner and that triple. Not gonna happen until at least next summer now.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post

Speaking of Crotched and Sunapee, could you imagine being Pats Peak and waking up last week to see that your two closest competitors are now owned by Vail?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Speaking of Crotched and Sunapee, could you imagine being Pats Peak and waking up last week to see that your two closest competitors are now owned by Vail?
    Pat's may get a nice boost in business from those not interested in Epic, but only time will tell. I have a full season to decide, as I live right near the triangle of the 3, and I'm Epic this season, like it or not. All options will be considered next year.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information