• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton vs Sugarbush crowd on a Saturday?

WWF-VT

As the thread got longer, people stop reading the opening post but just respond to the last post on the thread!

At this point, I've already decided to go to Sugarbush for the entire weekend. :D So you can stop debating now. ;)

WWF-VT , I might take you up on your offer of a tour! :D

Just send a PM and let me know

WWF-VT

Had a real nice day skiing with abc today at Mt Ellen. We skied all over the mountain and the longest wait in a lift line was maybe 5 chairs late morning on the Summit Chair. Started off on legit packed powder on Cliffs and skied all over including FIS, Lower FIS, Tumbler , Hammerhead, Elbow, Bravo, Exterminator ( twice!) an everything off the Inverness chair including an ego boosting run on a groomed Walts Trail. I was pleased to tour my home mountain with abc and it's always fun to ski on trails when the conditions are great and there is literally no one below you or behind you on long stretches of the trails.

Last edited:

cdskier

Skied all the same trails other than bravo. Agree it was great. I even did lower fis twice. Longest wait was maybe 2 minutes. Great day at Ellen for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

abc

Really enjoyable tour by WWF-VT today!

Condition was great. Or perhaps it’s because WWF-VT knows exactly when to go where? :)

Got to see a lot of the mountain, and every different ways to get around the mountain, as well as a lot of the lessor known patches. I felt I now know the mountain a lot better. WWF-VT is one heck of a great mountain guide!

And hitting powder AFTER LUNCH? That’s the icing on the cake!

Shredmonkey254

Ikon pass ruins ski area

I thought quad packs were bad... Ikon pass ruins the Seasons Pass experience at the bush.
Skied all the same trails other than bravo. Agree it was great. I even did lower fis twice. Longest wait was maybe 2 minutes. Great day at Ellen for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone