New majority owner of Peak Resorts - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Quoting so more people can see this!

There is your manager of operations folks. Your day ticket money now goes to the maker of his drugs and his drug habit. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    As you process ignore my over the top reaction.

This topic sets me off, I have a family member who was just weaned off of opioids. She was lucky.
    And on a very personal note I was not lucky enough to have my nephew at Easter this year or for the last 5 years because he chose to shoot heroin and died in 2014, so this shit is as personal as I comes. He wasn't prescribed oxy or ever had an reason other than he was soft minded and listened to his "friends" who said how amazing it felt to get high. Start to finish - dead in one year. And to hit a beeshive that many here hold dear to their hearts, he started with MJ and just liked getting high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    I helped 2 close friends get off prescribed opiates.. It wasn't easy..
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Noodle View Post
    Right and what funds the research on said rare treatments? Profits from widely sold PKs, I get it it’s an unfortunate reality/business model with built in zero-accountability
    You really have no idea what you're talking about and sound dumb on this issue.

Like ThinkSnow & cdskier, I too have worked in biotech and pharma most of my career. You've watched one too many dramatic documentaries and have blindly listened to too many politicians trying to (apparently successfully) inflame you.

FWIW, (not that I think you'll even care to learn), few pharma companies as a percent of the whole even sell these drugs, and those that do dont generally focus on orphan drug treatments.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Apr 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post

I work in a busy midsized hospital's ER in SE Mass and we average 2 ODs every day (Monday-Friday) I'm here. At least 2-3 deaths per week out of those. So no one needs to tell me the horrors of opiate addiction. The ones I get to talk to didn't start using heroin because the had a surgery and was prescribed oxys for pain control. The lionshare illegally obtained them to help them escape their demons.
    THIS.

Here is another myth regarding this issue. That most people get hooked because they had a backache & a doc prescribed them a drug.

Does this happen? Absolutely it does. But there is this myth out there that is the 2nd-rung of the naive "evil Big pharma" argument, that that's how most people get hooked, and as you correctly note, this could not be further from the truth.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I was under the impression that the guy was vp at peaks at the time that he was busted setting up the oxy distribution ring. The local police traced the packages that were being sent to him under his dog's name. Caught him with something like 500 pills. Could be rumor.

I really don't get why anyone would want to hurt likely hundreds of thousands of people by trying to shutter their employer. It's not their fault they are owned by shitheads
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    A one year mass boycott would probably fold peak.....
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

I really don't get why anyone would want to hurt likely hundreds of thousands of people by trying to shutter their employer. It's not their fault they are owned by shitheads

And this kind of thinking is how shitheads like the Sacklers win.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Like ThinkSnow & cdskier, I too have worked in biotech and pharma most of my career.
    This is getting weird. Ive worked in biotech for 13 years. We also make products targeting rare diseases.

And on a very personal note I was not lucky enough to have my nephew at Easter this year or for the last 5 years because he chose to shoot heroin and died in 2014, so this shit is as personal as I comes. He wasn't prescribed oxy or ever had an reason other than he was soft minded and listened to his "friends" who said how amazing it felt to get high. Start to finish - dead in one year. And to hit a beeshive that many here hold dear to their hearts, he started with MJ and just liked getting high.

Sorry for your loss, but MJ had zero to do with it. Blaming MJ is truly a problem in this country because it is an excuse that is too easy to use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by O09 View Post
    I was under the impression that the guy was vp at peaks at the time that he was busted setting up the oxy distribution ring. The local police traced the packages that were being sent to him under his dog's name. Caught him with something like 500 pills. Could be rumor.
    This is true. It was Jesse Boyd. Hes the son of the #1 at Peak. He was like overseeing all Jack Frost and big boulder at the time of this bust. Now I think hes in charge of all mountain operations for peak. So yeah...good company.

Thread Information