Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    So I checked a random date in December on Liftopia, and was surprised to see that the Peak Resorts mountains such as Mount Snow and Attitash/Wildcat have deals posted. I was kind of assuming that once Vail took ownership of these mountains, they would stop posting any deals on Liftopia. The whole Vail model is high window ticket prices to rope people into buying passes. You can save a little bit by buying Epic Day Passes in advance, but they don't post any deals on Liftopia, as far as I know.

Could this be a case where Peaks made deals with Liftopia in advance of the sale to Vail? Or is Liftopia perhaps posting old deals from last season and haven't actually made updates for 2019?

I bought an IKON pass for this season, so I'm not going to get an Epic Pass, but I will say that with the addition of the Peaks Resorts mountains, the Epic Pass became a much stronger proposition. I will strongly consider it for next year. Having Sunapee and Crotched as day trips with Wildcat and Stowe as weekend destinations is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    So I checked a random date in December on Liftopia, and was surprised to see that the Peak Resorts mountains such as Mount Snow and Attitash/Wildcat have deals posted. I was kind of assuming that once Vail took ownership of these mountains, they would stop posting any deals on Liftopia. The whole Vail model is high window ticket prices to rope people into buying passes. You can save a little bit by buying Epic Day Passes in advance, but they don't post any deals on Liftopia, as far as I know.

Could this be a case where Peaks made deals with Liftopia in advance of the sale to Vail? Or is Liftopia perhaps posting old deals from last season and haven't actually made updates for 2019?

I bought an IKON pass for this season, so I'm not going to get an Epic Pass, but I will say that with the addition of the Peaks Resorts mountains, the Epic Pass became a much stronger proposition. I will strongly consider it for next year. Having Sunapee and Crotched as day trips with Wildcat and Stowe as weekend destinations is pretty awesome.
    Vail has said they will let the mtns run this year as they have. Also those peak deals have been on Liftopia for 2 months now. They are for this coming season

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

I'm sure the $49 dollar sunday PM lift tickets are going away next year. Looks like an Epic pass is in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Vail has said they will let the mtns run this year as they have. Also those peak deals have been on Liftopia for 2 months now. They are for this coming season

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Thank you for this information. This is great news. I will do a couple early or late season days at Wildcat, like I often do, given that these deals will remain in place. Next year will be the big changes. I will have to seriously consider getting an Epic Pass next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    I'm sure the $49 dollar sunday PM lift tickets are going away next year. Looks like an Epic pass is in my future.
    FWIW I was using Ride and Ski Card to get tickets (full day) in the low $40's midweek and low $50's weekends. Looks like that might be good again for at least 1 more year.

Pico has a decent deal if you have kids:
    https://www.picomountain.com/plan-yo.../season-passes
    "Also new for 2019/20 is our Kids Ski Free promotion. With the purchase of every Adult My Pico Season Pass, a FREE season pass for kids ages 12 & under is included. Restrictions apply"

Received this email from Ski NH

http://skinh.com/deals/ski-nh-lift-ticket-packages

Ski New Hampshire's lift tickets offer you the most flexibility at the best price. Not only are they fully transferable, but they're also valid any day of the 2019-20 season. Plus, there's no minimum purchase, so you can buy as many or as few as you'd like--but they will sell out fast! The sale begins at 9:00am on Wednesday, October 16th so get ready.

2019/20 Early Season Pricing

$39 Black Mountain
    $79 Bretton Woods Resort
    $59 Cannon Mountain
    $69 Cranmore Mountain Resort
    $35 Dartmouth Skiway
    $69 Gunstock Mountain Resort
    $39 King Pine at Purity Spring Resort
    $79 Loon Mountain Resort
    $25 McIntyre Ski Area
    $79 Mount Sunapee Resort
    $55 Pats Peak