• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Orford, QC, Canada - 8/18/04

skijay

Date(s) Hiked: 8/18/04
Trails(s) Hiked: Grand Coulee - Mont Orford, QC, Canada (approx. 1772’ Vertical)
Total Distance: Approx 1.5 mile
Difficulty: easy to moderate
Conditions:
sunny, 75 degrees, no humidty
Special Required Equipment: bug spray (horse flies were out)
Trip Report: We were out in the Mont Orford area and decided to hike up to the summit and take the gondola back down. We started out at the base and went to the right of the triple chairlift and then to the summit. Nothing special, just your typical single track to summit roads to the top. There was a lot of rain damage to the summit roads. Now I see why many ski areas do not allow summit mountain biking. At the summit I saw my first "Yurt". There was a mini cafeteria set up that was serving ice cream , wraps and fried dough, Canadian style. It was neat as there were tables outside and some inside the yurts.

edit: I took a few pictures, I had a low battery. I also have pictures on that site of a Pico hike I went on with some people from NELSAP .
http://www.skijay.com/081804.html