• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

Greg

Staff member
Thanks Greg, I'm not familiar with the place, so can you suggest a meeting place for us. I guess the lodge or area where they sell tickets would be best, Do you know which one that would be?

Meet at the clock tower building right as you enter the joint. Who knows? A group sale purchase may have to be made somewhere else.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Meet at the clock tower building right as you enter the joint. Who knows? A group sale purchase may have to be made somewhere else.

Thanks Greg. Sounds good, anyone interested in tix lets meet "at the clock tower building right as you enter the joint" Also, Greg has informed me that he has not yet been able to contact the person taking care of group sales, so may not have answer on this until tomorrow. Chances are that we may not be able to get this, for those that do want to try, add your name to the below list:

================================================== ================================================== ====
For anyone needing tix, add your name to this list, cut off time to be there with money in hand is 9:00 am

mattchuck2 - 8:45, 1 Ticket
Andyzee - Time will depend on others, 2 tickets.
Zand - 9:30 or 10, # of tix uncertain.
Grassi - when bvibert decides to get there - 1 ticket
skibum9995 - 8:45, 1 ticket
powhunter 8:45 2 tix
Awf170- 8:45, 1 ticket.

BeanoNYC

FWIW, meeting people at the clock tower building is a pain in the ass. You may want to be more specific. Lessons line up on slope side and tickets are on the other side, so it's always a big cluster-f. I'm a big fan of the picnic tables by the coffee window....or even the sidewalk side of the perfect turn building. I won't be showing up, so I'll mind my own business now. ;)

Zand

Probably gonna have to drop out of the group tickets... I don't think I'll be able to make it for 9 unless one of you guys wants to rent me a plane to fly from here to Mt. Snow airport. ;) So I'll see you guys at 10:30.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
FWIW, meeting people at the clock tower building is a pain in the ass. You may want to be more specific. Lessons line up on slope side and tickets are on the other side, so it's always a big cluster-f. I'm a big fan of the picnic tables by the coffee window....or even the sidewalk side of the perfect turn building. I won't be showing up, so I'll mind my own business now. ;)

Thanks Rich. Let's make it sidewalk side of perfect turn building. For now, we have:

================================================== ================================================== ====
For anyone needing tix, add your name to this list, cut off time to be there with money in hand is 9:00 am. Also, group tix are not guarenteed, Greg is working on contacting someone and probably won't have a definite answer until tomorrow morning.

mattchuck2 - 8:45, 1 Ticket
Andyzee - Time will depend on others, 2 tickets.
Grassi - when bvibert decides to get there - 1 ticket
skibum9995 - 8:45, 1 ticket
powhunter 8:45 2 tix
Awf170- 8:45, 1 ticket.

Last edited:

loafer89

I'll be leaving home around 6:30am to avoid Hartford traffic. It's only a 116 mile drive, but I would like to be skiing at 9am.

The weather looks to be clouding up during the overnight and into tomorrow, so hopefully there will be limited sunshine early in the morning.

Are we meeting at the summit local at 10:30am or elsewhere?

Yooper

Normally you cannot get Group Sales Rates at the Main Clock Tower Ticket Office or Window.
Group Sales is located at the Sundance Lodge and open at 8:00 on Week Days I believe. It is located on the left side of the Lodge facing it from the Parking Lot.

Greg

Staff member
Yaaay! :snow: Now lets just pray they don't groom it.

119479115711-11-07blog2.jpg

"Chute, 8:12 a.m. I just talked to Heath, Ski Patrol Director, and he said they'll have it open by noon, ungroomed and in its "natural" state."

Let's hope they leave it alone for tomorrow too!

awf170

119479115711-11-07blog2.jpg

"Chute, 8:12 a.m. I just talked to Heath, Ski Patrol Director, and he said they'll have it open by noon, ungroomed and in its "natural" state."

Let's hope they leave it alone for tomorrow too!

Wow, that looks awesome. I never thought I would be saying this, but I'm quite excited about skiing Mt. Snow tomorrow.

Greg

Staff member
Good News

Good news on the group rate! You guys are all set up for $32 each provided you get ten together. Meet up with andyzee at 9 am with cash. He knows what to do. See you guys tomorrow at the base of the summit triple at 10:30!

mamaspice

Website
www.mountsnow.com
Hey all....we're psyched that you're coming up tomorrow. A couple of FYI's: you'll be getting your tickets in the Clocktower, as the group ticket office at Sundance isn't ready yet. Also, the plan for the North Face is for Chute to be a definite (it opened this afternoon, as you saw) and we're hoping to only groom the bottom where it's a little choppy. River Run is still a maybe....we won't know until the morning. Please let me know how your day goes.

Greg

Staff member
Also, the plan for the North Face is for Chute to be a definite (it opened this afternoon, as you saw) and we're hoping to only groom the bottom where it's a little choppy.

Awesome! I'm bringing the Cabs along tomorrow!

bvibert

Staff member
I was going to post this from the snow report:

be here tomorrow to ski Chute – we’re leaving this black diamond beauty ungroomed, in all its whaleback glory, because we know you need some interesting mid-season-like terrain, even if it is only November 11.

...but mamaspice beat me to it. :D So psyched for tomorrow!!!!!