• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forums about kids competitive moguls

SkiDork

There's gotta be something somewhere on the Internet.

I'm trying to figure out which twin tip to buy for Iceman (this is what I've posted multiple places) and nobody know nothing. Anyone know if there's some expertise somewhere???

=============================

Anyone know about twin tips that are good for a B mogul competitor?

My son (10) trashed his new Line Invaders in the spring by doing a lot of grass skiing with them. He should have been using rock skis for that, but thats water under the bridge now...

I have to get him new twin tips for competition (I know of no pure mogul ski that comes shorter than 150, he needs around 133 - 138). I was thinking of just getting another pair of the Line Invaders - the 08 model seems to have a stronger "Poplar Macroblock" wood core, supposedly strongest and lightest, which I think would be a nice thing to have in the bumps.

BUT

There are about 10 or 15 junior twin tips out there, its a little confusing. The Head Mojo Spawn 2 (with the xray of the leg on the topskin) look interesting, plus the Nordica Spark JR got a high rating from a SKI mag test done last spring at Sugarbush (although that one has a foam core, I think wood would be better).

Here's the list I've compiled so far:

Line Invader
Head Mojo Spawn 2
Dynastar Troubled Youth
Nordica Spark Jr
Rossi Scratch Ghetto Pro
Volkl Bridge Jr

Here's the question: Does anyone know of one particular jr. Twin Tip we should be looking at for him that would excel in the bumps? Or are the Lines a good choice?

Thanks for any insight.