• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley night riding.

MidnightJester

So this mountain is still Old school mountain charm with night sking and when the Snow is good I have head Wonderful mentions about going there. I am planning on a Snow trip there to Bolton Valley I hope towards the end of the season if conditions hold up. Saw this and not sure when they decided to do this type of night skiing. Anyone know if the night skiing allows access to Non-Lighted trails if you have a Headlamp? DO they rope off trails or are all trails open off Top of Mountain lifts at night??

Bolton Valley​

We'll have top-to-bottom skiing and riding from all 3 peaks until the sun goes down and then flip on the LED lights to finish the night with our "Core 4" lifts (Vista, Mid Mountain, Snowflake and Mighty Mite) with lift service until 10pm

LIFTS UNTIL 10PM TUESDAY TO SATURDAY WITH INCREDIBLE SUNSET VIEWS​

The Bolton Snow Globe has been VERY active of late delivering 3 feet of snow the last week and well over 200″ this season. 100% open with all lifts and all trails all week for President’s Day Week. Thank you, Mother Nature, we appreciate you!
And it gets better… we offer skiing and riding until 10pm Tuesday to Saturday nights under LED lights and encourage you to spend less money AND time – driving and standing in lift lines – and instead invest it in skiing & riding MORE!

Alpine-trail-map-22-23.jpg

Last edited:

MidnightJester

This type of night skiing???
Whatcha talking about Willis?
As in the Light pole assisted Riding instead of the brave skinning and headlamp types : ) Have heard very little light assisted night Skiing in Vermont due to the occasional public attempt to stop it at a few mountains.

MidnightJester

There already is a Bolton valley thread
I see that now after running back a bunch of pages. Odd when I search for Bolton Valley it doesn't bring up that thread in the search. Edited into about night riding there then :)

PAabe

I was there at night once in the spring, I think some of the shorter trails without lights stayed open into the evening but they did rope off some of the trails without lights as it got darker - not right when night skiing technically starts, but rather when it actually gets dark which in the spring may be like 7:30 or 8. I am not sure what their policy would be on night skiing on their nordic system. The view over Lake Champlain is awesome and they should hold on to snow in the spring for a while given their elevation although they do not make quite the man made base as some areas.

Attachments

• 20220329_185437.jpg
    20220329_185437.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240220-192334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220-192334_Gallery.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

kingslug

Went today...snowing but dust on frozen glop...lasted 1 hour.
Based at timberline..much easier than the death walk at the main area. 20240318_095411.jpg20240318_094927.jpg20240318_094924.jpg20240318_094922.jpg20240318_093401.jpg20240318_092822.jpg

abc

Based at timberline..much easier than the death walk at the main area.
Wish I saw this before I went. Fell on the “death walk”! :(

Lived to tell the tale though (obviously). ;) Landed on my binding, ouch! Will have some bruises to show for it.

Morning condition was not good. But it improved a bit towards the afternoon. The clock on the lift shack at Timber side was still on winter time. So I I thought it was a little after 2 o’clock, let me take a break. Once sat down, I realized it was 3 something instead. Wasn’t motivated enough to go back out. Lost the last 1/2 hr of skiing.

Last edited:

urungus

Is it possible to redeem Indy pass at the Timberline Lodge, their site only mentions the ticket cube in the main base area:

IMG_2090.jpeg

abc

Went today?
Wasn't fun...

Yeah, first time. So I was more “sightseeing”. Not to critical of condition…

Morning wasn’t much fun (even though I started lat’ish).
Afternoon was better. Still, not exactly “fun”. More like boring… At least not dangerous (unlike the walk out of parking lot)

The last hour or two was starting to be fun. But I got screwed by the out of season clock and lost the last 1/2 hr.

kingslug

I went down Glades....Nasty conditions!
But it was the first time I went from timberline.
My last chances to get some time on my pass...when it warms up it will be good

kingslug

If conditions are good, it has some really great runs. True N east steep winding ones.
Place is no joke..just ride the wilderness chair. Getting off it is a hoot..steepest I've ever seen.
Check it out when true springs hits. Or a real powder day.

LuckyStrike

I though there was plenty of glades. I was there Saturday and the conditions were amazing. Soft and slow but tons of snow. The top 1/3 of the mountain has absolutely amazing terrain. The bottom 2/3rds is just long run out. I wish there was a lift half way up the mountain. $109 ticket for 9-9:30 riding. Surprisingly good pizza. Super high trust family area. Amazing views of Champlain/Adirondacks. Had a blast and bought the hoodie .

deadheadskier

Staff member
Interesting idea for an upper mountain lift. Doubt it ever happens, but it would be nice to be able to avoid the run out on Vista Peak.
Maybe a chair starting at where that mid mountain double lets off extending up to the Vista summit.

More than lifts, snowmaking improvements are the only thing I'd want to see there if I were a regular. The place can be pretty limited when Mother Nature isn't cooperating.

crippity

Glad you got out ABC-better then not going. i did say wait till today :). picked up 10 inches for today. has to be better then yesterday. Hope you are out for another day somewhere

kbroderick

Interesting idea for an upper mountain lift. Doubt it ever happens, but it would be nice to be able to avoid the run out on Vista Peak.
Maybe a chair starting at where that mid mountain double lets off extending up to the Vista summit.

More than lifts, snowmaking improvements are the only thing I'd want to see there if I were a regular. The place can be pretty limited when Mother Nature isn't cooperating.
Return to the future, eh?

The old lift 4 (Vista double) went from the uphill end of the mid-mountain flat to the top. The decision on the quad was to provide a top-to-bottom option. It made some things better (particularly on the Cobrass side) but did eliminate the ability to lap the top half.

shawnanigans

Is it possible to redeem Indy pass at the Timberline Lodge, their site only mentions the ticket cube in the main base area:

When I was there in February I was able to redeem at Timberline. Only 1 ticket window there so if you go during a busy time it might take a little bit of time.