• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need opinions of green trail skiers in northern VT

tjf67

One of your biggest concerns is standing in lines. I think Mad River is going to have the longest lines out of the hills mentioned. I would think Stowe or SB with there lift capasities would be your best bet. Grooming should be much better at those places as well.
I would just take your CC with you and go to stowe.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
One of your biggest concerns is standing in lines. I think Mad River is going to have the longest lines out of the hills mentioned. I would think Stowe or SB with there lift capasities would be your best bet. Grooming should be much better at those places as well.
I would just take your CC with you and go to stowe.

It's crowds on the slopes in general not just the lift line. I know I can't have it all on MLK date.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
One of your biggest concerns is standing in lines. I think Mad River is going to have the longest lines out of the hills mentioned.
I contest that if all billski is looking to do is take his daughter up Sunnyside and ski Birdland all day. I have never waited more than 5-7 minutes for Sunnyside and have never seen a line at Birdland. If billski wanted to ski advanced stuff and was thinking about riding the Single, obviously Mad River is going to have a line for the Single on a holiday weekend with fresh powder. Sunnyside once or twice and then ride the Birdland all day? Lines will most definitely not be an issue. Groomed natural snow versus groomed man made? MRG for the win.

SKIQUATTRO

Smuggs was blowing like mad on all trails on Morse in preperation for the holiday I assume....unless they get a ton of snow, no trees will be opening up....I havent been at Smuggs for a holiday, but earlier this week it was ski up and get on...repeat all day for 5 days!!!