• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Tin

Was torn between Bush and Pico today. Grabbed a ticket for Pico last night, then see this image when I get up to check snow reports....:dunce:

Streamers be sneaky.

snow-stake~640_2016_12_15_09_53_00_00.jpg

tumbler

This will not be a pond filling rain, most of the liquid wil be absorbed by the snow pack. Pond fillers are the 2 days of the 45+ degree and heavy rain. I think it will be au natural for a while until the January thaw the nwe pray for liquid so they can resurface. Keep the snow coming and I won't be complaining!

Duncanator24

Anybody know if season pass pickup is only at the Lincoln Base area or can this also be done at Mt Ellen? I am going tomorrow with some friends who have to pick up passes. Was hoping we could just go direct to Ellen before all of the untouched powder is gone.

Hawk

As far as I know all season pass facilities are In the farm house at Lincoln Base area. You can only get day passes at North.

Hawk

Anybody know if season pass pickup is only at the Lincoln Base area or can this also be done at Mt Ellen? I am going tomorrow with some friends who have to pick up passes. Was hoping we could just go direct to Ellen before all of the untouched powder is gone.
You will be challenged to see much untouched power at North. People have been skinning, hiking and skiing over there for 3 weeks solid. Not to mention that GMVS has access also.

benski

You will be challenged to see much untouched power at North. People have been skinning, hiking and skiing over there for 3 weeks solid. Not to mention that GMVS has access also.

Still should be awesome packed powder and woods.

WWF-VT

There will be plenty of untracked powder at Mt Ellen tomorrow. Patrol and mountain operations have been real hard asses on skinning lately and GMVS doesn’t duck ropes. I walked my dog around the base area for the last six days and saw first hand what was happening. Inverness opened a few days ago so GMVS has not been using the GMX and Summitt chairs.

Last edited:

cdskier

Well sugarbush is officially 100% open, but north Lynx is via hiking at the moment. Mt Ellen was lots of slabby wind packed powder this morning. I might have been better off taking some runs at LP instead of going over to ME.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well sugarbush is officially 100% open, but north Lynx is via hiking at the moment. Mt Ellen was lots of slabby wind packed powder this morning. I might have been better off taking some runs at LP instead of going over to ME.

Interesting. Get it while the getting is good!

rocks860

MT. ELLEN
-4°
Base

-12°
Mid

-13°
Summit

Add some wind and you have a nice warm day in VT....

Yep, that sounds like the last couple years I've been there. Few years ago it was -22 at the summit of LP the first day we were there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumbler

bit lame to claim 100% open when having to hike uphill to ski NL. I'm ok with ridgleline hike to CR

cdskier

I don't think the lift is inspected and ready to go. Hey just like CR, it was way better last weekend before the masses got there.

I also heard they are short on lift operators at the moment and still have quite a few open positions. If that is true, that could also explain NL not yet running.

cdskier

bit lame to claim 100% open when having to hike uphill to ski NL. I'm ok with ridgleline hike to CR

And today NL (and CR) lifts are both running...I'm actually a bit disappointed to see the CR lift running.

Plowboy

This will not be a pond filling rain, most of the liquid wil be absorbed by the snow pack. Pond fillers are the 2 days of the 45+ degree and heavy rain.
This is a pond filling rain. Lockwood, Slide and Millbrook are all running strong. It rained heavy most of the night and morning with temps at 50 degrees. Back to 0 degrees tonight and a full pond.

tumbler

And today NL (and CR) lifts are both running...I'm actually a bit disappointed to see the CR lift running.

I guess you were not here then. CR skied fantastic, there is a lot of snow up there.

tumbler

This is a pond filling rain. Lockwood, Slide and Millbrook are all running strong. It rained heavy most of the night and morning with temps at 50 degrees. Back to 0 degrees tonight and a full pond.

It sure is. Looking at the river running high so full pond it is.

cdskier

I guess you were not here then. CR skied fantastic, there is a lot of snow up there.

I was up Tues-Fri and drove back to NJ for the weekend. I'm sure it did ski fantastic, but it was nice with such limited traffic via hiking. CR probably saw far more people skiing it yesterday via the lift than it did all season via hiking so far.

May not matter too much as now the weather has had a significant impact on all the snow I'm sure. It is amazing that it is currently warmer in VT than it is in NJ.