• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Hawk, like I said, I didn't have an issue with them selling the skis. I had an issue with them not calling me (they had my name and number) to say "Hey, sorry. We sold the skis you were going to demo this weekend. Would you like something else instead to try?" The attitude when I got there was of complete indifference and they didn't seem to care at all that they didn't give me the courtesy of a head's up. What was the point of taking my number? If it was a simple mistake, they could have at least apologized and said "we meant to call you" or something like that.

Hawk

Hawk, like I said, I didn't have an issue with them selling the skis. I had an issue with them not calling me (they had my name and number) to say "Hey, sorry. We sold the skis you were going to demo this weekend. Would you like something else instead to try?" The attitude when I got there was of complete indifference and they didn't seem to care at all that they didn't give me the courtesy of a head's up. What was the point of taking my number? If it was a simple mistake, they could have at least apologized and said "we meant to call you" or something like that.

That's unfortunate. Why didn't you just demo a different ski? They have lots of skis. Also they close at 11:00 on Fridays so Why were you rushing up there and you ski every weekend it seems so you would have drove the 5 hours anyway. Just saying.

I have never had treatment like that there. But I have been buying all my stuff there for years. They even give me a discount and special service because I am loyal to them. I guess what I am saying is you should give them another shot. IF you tell them about your bad experience they will probably give you special attention and you will never have that problem again.

cdskier

That's unfortunate. Why didn't you just demo a different ski? They have lots of skis. Also they close at 11:00 on Fridays so Why were you rushing up there and you ski every weekend it seems so you would have drove the 5 hours anyway. Just saying.

I have never had treatment like that there. But I have been buying all my stuff there for years. They even give me a discount and special service because I am loyal to them. I guess what I am saying is you should give them another shot. IF you tell them about your bad experience they will probably give you special attention and you will never have that problem again.

From what I recall, they had no other options available in any similar skis. Maybe it was a busy weekend for some reason and the others that I would have been interested in were already reserved or in use? You're right that I was making the drive no matter what, but I don't exactly recall specifics on why the timing was so tight that day causing me to have to rush. Whatever time they closed, I got there about 15 minutes before that so just made it. I was thinking they closed at 9 or 10 that night (10 is what their website currently says for Friday nights...11 would have in theory been easy and shouldn't have caused me to have to rush at all).

I did end up buying the skis I wanted to demo that summer at a great price online (without ever demoing them). Always figured I could turn around and re-sell them if I didn't like them. I love them however, so I lucked out there (Nordica Hell & Backs).

If I happen to be in the market again for any new equipment, maybe I'll give them another shot since you have such high praise for them.

Hawk

Your call my friend. I am somewhat biased to those guys as they are my friends. I just felt the need to stick up for them. Do give them another shot and I am sure it will not be as bad. See you on the slopes.

rocks860

I've been to infinite in waitsfield a bunch and been very pleased with the guy there (Shawn I think) but haven't gotten my skis tuned there. Only had some work done on my boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk

I was in there the other day. That is real convenient if you are in town food shopping to at the md taco. They seemed nice.

cdskier

I've been to infinite in waitsfield a bunch and been very pleased with the guy there (Shawn I think) but haven't gotten my skis tuned there. Only had some work done on my boots.

Seth is the owner. Maybe that's who you are thinking of? I've been to Infinite quite a bit for things other than skis. He seems to be the only one that carries the particular Darn Tough socks that I like. I have no experience with their equipment/service though.

mrvpilgrim

I have had tunes done by Seth numerous times. Never had an issue with his work. I have purchased several sets of skis from him and last year purchased a new pair of boots after about 10 years in my old boots. Had a very positive boot fitting experience. It took a couple of return visits to dial them in but each time he listened and tweaked them to the point that they are now the most comfortable boots that I have owned in my 40+ years of skiing.

rocks860

Seth is the owner. Maybe that's who you are thinking of? I've been to Infinite quite a bit for things other than skis. He seems to be the only one that carries the particular Darn Tough socks that I like. I have no experience with their equipment/service though.

Yeah I knew it began with an S. I was in there a couple seasons ago and he worked on my boots for a solid hour. Really nice guy. Very convenient too as I stay at Eagles when I'm up there so it's right down the road.

cdskier

Yeah I knew it began with an S. I was in there a couple seasons ago and he worked on my boots for a solid hour. Really nice guy. Very convenient too as I stay at Eagles when I'm up there so it's right down the road.

Just as an fyi, they moved this season to the Mehuron's plaza area. Just a minute down the road, but didn't want you to see a vacant building and think they closed.

tumbler

Alpine Options has Darn Tough. Oh, right. Infinite is good for some kid clothing stuff that AO might not have.

I will also stick up for them and echo everything that Hawk said. I have been using them for about the same amount of time and get the same level of service, discount, etc. It sounds like you were looking for an issue with them and overreacted. I'm sure your phone number was not taped to the demo ski to hold it all week while you were away so they might not have known you had it "reserved" If they sold the demo ski then it was spring and they were trying to clear out inventory- they don't sell demos during the winter. Yes, I am loyal to them and they have treated me and my family well.

rocks860

Just as an fyi, they moved this season to the Mehuron's plaza area. Just a minute down the road, but didn't want you to see a vacant building and think they closed.

Really? I drove by the day after Christmas and it looked like they were still there but I wasn't looking too closely. Where did they move to in that plaza? I'll be up there the last weekend in January for sure and hopefully for a week at the beginning of February if this trade goes through at eagles. Love it up there

cdskier

Alpine Options has Darn Tough. Oh, right. Infinite is good for some kid clothing stuff that AO might not have.

I will also stick up for them and echo everything that Hawk said. I have been using them for about the same amount of time and get the same level of service, discount, etc. It sounds like you were looking for an issue with them and overreacted. I'm sure your phone number was not taped to the demo ski to hold it all week while you were away so they might not have known you had it "reserved" If they sold the demo ski then it was spring and they were trying to clear out inventory- they don't sell demos during the winter. Yes, I am loyal to them and they have treated me and my family well.

Yes, AO along with everyone else has Darn Tough...just not the particular one I wanted for some reason. Don't ask me why.

I can assure you that I was not "looking for an issue" with them. I had been there before with no issues. Funny you mention that they don't sell demos during the winter because I thought it was a bit early for them to have been selling the demos but figured they would know their business and when to start selling demo skis. It was March 1st and if they had sold it during that week before the weekend that means it was still February when they sold it. Not what I would consider spring (and they still had the ski in stock brand new), but again them selling the ski itself wasn't my issue anyway.

cdskier

Really? I drove by the day after Christmas and it looked like they were still there but I wasn't looking too closely. Where did they move to in that plaza? I'll be up there the last weekend in January for sure and hopefully for a week at the beginning of February if this trade goes through at eagles. Love it up there

They are 2 doors down from Mehurons next to the drug store.

cdskier

Huh, interesting. They had a prime spot before, wonder why they moved.

Cheaper rent would be my guess...

Don't know if it also has anything to do with Travis opening his own board shop (Splinter's Board Shop at the base of the access road).

rocks860

Cheaper rent would be my guess...

Don't know if it also has anything to do with Travis opening his own board shop (Splinter's Board Shop at the base of the access road).

That makes sense. That spot right off of 100 has been a ski shop for as long as I can remember and I've been going there for 30+ years at this point

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Travis moving on I believe was part of it. Without the need for a separate boardshop, Infinite could downsize.

Once upon a time, there used to be a ski shop at the intersection of the Access Rd and German Flats called the Downhill Edge. There also used to be Sigi Sports in the base area. And there was Ride On which was the on-mountain snowboard shop during the ASC years.

Oh yeah.... conditions were superb today... that 2-4" of snow felt like a lot more and was very light up top. Ellen escaped most of the windhold, as I rode Summit and NRX all afternoon. GMX opened back up around 2 after being down for a couple of hours. They did get the "I" going. Pick of the day had to be either Lookin' Good or Exterm. And of course, it was largely a ghost town. Heading back home and passing the LP lots, it was pretty crowded. Must've been busy on the slopes there with only Bravo and Gate House available.

rocks860

Travis moving on I believe was part of it. Without the need for a separate boardshop, Infinite could downsize.

Once upon a time, there used to be a ski shop at the intersection of the Access Rd and German Flats called the Downhill Edge. There also used to be Sigi Sports in the base area. And there was Ride On which was the on-mountain snowboard shop during the ASC years.

Oh yeah.... conditions were superb today... that 2-4" of snow felt like a lot more and was very light up top. Ellen escaped most of the windhold, as I rode Summit and NRX all afternoon. GMX opened back up around 2 after being down for a couple of hours. They did get the "I" going. Pick of the day had to be either Lookin' Good or Exterm. And of course, it was largely a ghost town. Heading back home and passing the LP lots, it was pretty crowded. Must've been busy on the slopes there with only Bravo and Gate House available.

I remember downhill edge very well, had a big ski racer on the side of the building right? I remember that shanty town type area they had where the hotel is now before the built the new lodge, is that where the snowboard shop was?

tumbler

There was also a Downhill Edge at German Flats and 17 next to the Hyde Away. Those guys worked wonders on repairing skis.