• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

dlague

Just bought my first MC pass and stretched my wallet an additional $1 to get a pass for my son. :wink: I'm just coming back from Alta-bird and will be going back again next year. 7 days for both me and my son at SB and Alta-bird for $400? No brainer.

At a little over $28 per day - that is pretty darn good!

As long as you do not count lodging flights and rental. But if you generally plan a trip every year no matter what then those are non issues.

cdskier

7 days for both me and my son at SB and Alta-bird for $400? No brainer.

Honestly, this is really not difficult to defeat.
You need to follow the SOTC thread and join us "Extreme Lift Ticket'ers".

He's averaging $28 per ticket... (and that's assuming he only goes to SB, Alta, and Snowbird).

Roughly $30 to $45 tops. It's rare I ever pay > $40 to ski, Stowe being the only east coast exception.

So TheArchitect comes in under the price you're targeting. Looks like a good deal for him for sure.

Griswold

Apparently $28 a day isn't difficult to defeat...riiight

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

He's averaging $28 per ticket... (and that's assuming he only goes to SB, Alta, and Snowbird).

I missed the part about there being a kid involved, I thought it was just an adult. My reaction was that at $399 for 6 days (2 each at 3 resorts) would be $67/day, which would not be impressive at all, so this is definitely best for people with kids.

TheArchitect

Yeah, I have my kid with a pass for next year. He'll be too old after that for the $1 deal. In any case, SB is my favorite mountain in the east so I'd be going there anyway and now I can ski 4 days for free at Alta and Snowbird for the same money I would have spent at SB without the MC pass.

Jackson Hole is on my wish list so that's just gravy. I'm already plotting either two trips or one long trip with a drive from Alta-Bird to JH. I've got tons of frequent flier miles so I only have to worry about lodging as the primary expense.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sugurbush joining the Mountain Collective didn't take long. LOL. Pretty obvious they're scared by Vail/Stowe and knew they needed to make a move.

I dont see this as much of a carrot for an eastern skier though, unless you happen to be vacationing someplace like Utah, and even then, frankly I can easily beat 6 days for $400 with other offers.

Just got the Email announcement. Interesting. Snowbasin as well. Both good for me. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

Looks like next week is shaping up to be decent, possible significant snow Tuesday into Wednesday. I'm cautiously optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa:

In addition to the benefits of the Mountain Collective, we are making a number of changes to our Sugarbush season passes for next year. We will now offer a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass (ages 40 - 64) for only $799, a Senior Premium Pass (ages 65 - 79) for $699, a Silver Senior Premium Pass (ages 80 - 89) for $149, a 90+ Premium Pass at no cost, a Youth Premium Pass (ages 7 - 18) for $349, a For20s Premium Pass (ages 19 - 29) for $349, and a new For30s Premium Pass (ages 30 - 39) for $549

cdskier

Yea...I just got that e-mail too. I was not expecting that at all.

cdskier

Also the new "Value" pass that replaces the previous Mt Ellen pass is pretty cool. You get unlimited access to Mt Ellen plus M-F non-holiday access at LP as well as access at LP prior to ME opening and after ME closes for $549.

Jully

Whoa:

In addition to the benefits of the Mountain Collective, we are making a number of changes to our Sugarbush season passes for next year. We will now offer a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass (ages 40 - 64) for only $799, a Senior Premium Pass (ages 65 - 79) for $699, a Silver Senior Premium Pass (ages 80 - 89) for $149, a 90+ Premium Pass at no cost, a Youth Premium Pass (ages 7 - 18) for $349, a For20s Premium Pass (ages 19 - 29) for $349, and a new For30s Premium Pass (ages 30 - 39) for $549

And Sugrbush responds very nicely.

cdskier

College passes will be offered for sale in the fall. Prices won't be announced until then is my guess just like they do every year with those.

cdskier

A couple other key notes from the e-mail:

They plan to limit the number of "Premium" passes sold in the spring at these prices to prevent an increase beyond what they feel is a comfortable capacity.

Over the course of the next two seasons both the Village Double and Sunshine Double lifts will also be replaced.

cdskier

The early purchase price last year was $1149 for the All Mountain 7 Adult pass (which is what they called it up until now)

cdskier

They did drop the free pass for a kid 12 and under with the purchase of a regular adult one, although the price nets out the same as you would have paid last year due to the price drop of the adult pass.

The For20s pass went up $10. The "For30s" pass is an expansion of the "Early 30s" pass that they just offered for the first time last year. Last year it was announced in late summer and covered ages 30-35. It cost $499 last year, so it went up $50 this year, but at the same time the age range was expanded up to 39 so ultimately people in that age range save substantially over the longer term even with the $50 increase.

bushpilot

The early purchase price last year was $1149 for the All Mountain 7 Adult pass (which is what they called it up until now)

That was the price between spring season pricing and ended right after labor day. September 9th iirc. I think 799 is what they charged last year if you purchased before the end of the season.

bushpilot

They did drop the free pass for a kid 12 and under with the purchase of a regular adult one, although the price nets out the same as you would have paid last year due to the price drop of the adult pass.

If they dropped the free child under 12 deal I might have to drop sugarbush. I paid (I can't remember because I am OLD) last spring and my kid was free.