The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 595 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

22 acre site

strat- "22 Acres" is the land where a hotel was once going to be, before you were born I think. It is on the left after turning onto Inferno Rd at the parking lot intersection. I can't remember what is going there, I can certainly find out if no one here remembers.

Re: 22 acre site

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    strat- "22 Acres" is the land where a hotel was once going to be, before you were born I think. It is on the left after turning onto Inferno Rd at the parking lot intersection. I can't remember what is going there, I can certainly find out if no one here remembers.
    Ah, alright, how long ago then? Wasn't the grand summit, right, because that was only, what 98 or something... what ownership was that under?

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Ah, alright, how long ago then? Wasn't the grand summit, right, because that was only, what 98 or something... what ownership was that under?
    no- waaaaaaaay before that. Someone here will know when that was. Early 80's? Anyway that 22 acre site is planned for parking, primarily employee, plus a future water/wastewater facility for ClayBrook- someone should correct me if I am wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    no- waaaaaaaay before that. Someone here will know when that was. Early 80's? Anyway that 22 acre site is planned for parking, primarily employee, plus a future water/wastewater facility for ClayBrook- someone should correct me if I am wrong, though.
    Haha, oh, ok... maybe even under roy cohen?

22 acre site has been employee parking for busy times on the mountain. Now it is being dug out big time.

Could well be water/waste facility, as there is to be a new one for Claybrook.

Sure hope it is less of an eyesore than the present one.
    Look! Up in the sky!

So the latest rumor is that there is no financing problem, but one of timing.

The plan was to start the family center in the spring, but the permitting wasn't settled in the spring. It was settled early summer. That left them with less than enough time to guarantee finishing it before ski season.

So the new plan is to bring in some sort of temporary buildings for the guest services functions, tear down the yellow buildings and concentrate on gettingthe housing units up during the winter, planning on going back to the family center next spring.

That is the rumor. The next rumor is that there will be an announcement this week. That will be Noski's job to add that, as I only do rumors.
    Look! Up in the sky!

Sounds like the Sugarbush line that I've heard for so many seasons..."it's not our fault...blah, blah." Hate to be negative, but I've heard it before. It's too bad...
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone

The plan was to start the family center in the spring, but the permitting wasn't settled in the spring. It was settled early summer. That left them with less than enough time to guarantee finishing it before ski season.

So the new plan is to bring in some sort of temporary buildings for the guest services functions, tear down the yellow buildings and concentrate on gettingthe housing units up during the winter, planning on going back to the family center next spring.

That is the rumor. The next rumor is that there will be an announcement this week. That will be Noski's job to add that, as I only do rumors.
    Not bad, you have it about as I have it, but I do have my ear to the rail for a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone

Not bad, you have it about as I have it, but I do have my ear to the rail for a release.
    Hey, best news I've heard yet...

I do have my ear to the rail for a release.
    Be careful about that! I did that once, and when the train came by...

Well there was enough not squashed that I can still post here.
    Look! Up in the sky!

Thread Information