• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

This has me scratching my head too

A lot of comments to try to reply to. Sugarbush pays the majority of the private funds used for this service. I believe The Bridges is the only Condo that provides anything. It does receive Federal and State funding and is run by the Green Mountain Transit Authority. Each year we meet with them to negotiate routes. A key thing they look at is ridership. That is why there is no longer a Warren Village route. Not enough people were using it. One reason for some of the hour and route changes reflect our need to get employees to work who live in lodging on the Access Road, German Flats and Route 17.

Los

Eating a Reuben at Gate House... DELICIOUS!! Just thought i’d share my joy.

TSQURD

Thanks for the explanation Win. Change is always challenging at first. We did end up taking the shuttle today. There was a supervisor riding along with the driver, in talking with him he said there would be a 7:40 condo bus on the weekends, but wasn't showing on the schedule as it was part of another route. I did happen to see a shuttle driving up Village Rd before 8:00 this morning, so apparently that is the case.

NYDB

Is this craigslist missed connections?

"You had a mouthful of sandwich with russian dressing dripping down your chin. We met eyes as you wiped the excess sauce from the collar of your stio puffy."

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

WinS

We are lucky that we do not experience a lot of ski or snowboard thefts here at Sugarbush, but on Saturday afternoon we had a few people come to guest services to report that their snowboard was missing. We alerted our team. Scott, a member of our facilities team noticed two men who did not appear to be snowboarders carrying boards down to the parking lot. He watched them throw the boards into the back of their vehicle and immediately called guest service with a description of them, their vehicle and their plate number. As they sped away at high speed, we called the State Police and they were pulled over and arrested. There were several boards in their vehicle and two matched the ones reported missing by our guests. The evening news tonight said they are facing grand larceny charges and asked anyone missing a board to call the State Police. Hopefully, this will serve as a deterrent to anyone else thinking of stealing someone’s skis or boards. Great job by both Scott and the State Police.

slatham

We are lucky that we do not experience a lot of ski or snowboard thefts here at Sugarbush, but on Saturday afternoon we had a few people come to guest services to report that their snowboard was missing. We alerted our team. Scott, a member of our facilities team noticed two men who did not appear to be snowboarders carrying boards down to the parking lot. He watched them throw the boards into the back of their vehicle and immediately called guest service with a description of them, their vehicle and their plate number. As they sped away at high speed, we called the State Police and they were pulled over and arrested. There were several boards in their vehicle and two matched the ones reported missing by our guests. The evening news tonight said they are facing grand larceny charges and asked anyone missing a board to call the State Police. Hopefully, this will serve as a deterrent to anyone else thinking of stealing someone’s skis or boards. Great job by both Scott and the State Police.

Wow, you guys nailed this one, literally!! Well done Win and team. Well done.

jimmywilson69

Nice Work SB crew...

But seriously why do most people not lock their expensive ski equipment to a rack? Yes if someone really wants my stuff they will cut the lock, but when there is so much low hanging fruit they are definitely moving on to one of the many unsecured pieces of equipment...

Maybe this is an idea for a new thread or bumming of an old thread.

BenedictGomez

But seriously why do most people not lock their expensive ski equipment to a rack? Yes if someone really wants my stuff they will cut the lock, but when there is so much low hanging fruit they are definitely moving on to one of the many unsecured pieces of equipment...

Ski/Snowboard theft happens a lot more than people think, sometimes it's not even reported to the mountain.

I recall one time when I was a kid learning to ski at Shawnee, 2 guys were arrested for stealing skis. They had a big blue tarp over a pick-up truck, and the bed was decently filled by the time they were caught.

Smellytele

Ski/Snowboard theft happens a lot more than people think, sometimes it's not even reported to the mountain.

I recall one time when I was a kid learning to ski at Shawnee, 2 guys were arrested for stealing skis. They had a big blue tarp over a pick-up truck, and the bed was decently filled by the time they were caught.

Wasn't there a thread on here about a guy in a Mercedes stealing skis a few years back as well?

NYDB

Had a snowboard stolen at Stratton 2 years ago or so. Put it down for 2 minutes when I picked my kid up from ski school. Guest Services gave me a police report to fill out and just kept saying "wow, that never happens here. This is the first one this year. It was probably someone taking your board by mistake" I told them I couldn't believe that was true, and why did they have a stack of police incident reports handy there on the front desk. I asked them if they have video cams they could review and they said they do, but everyone has a black jacket with helmet on. Its impossible to tell who it is. And that was that.

A basic shrug your shoulders to a 1k theft.

Refreshing to see a Resort like sugarbush taking it so seriously and following through.

djd66

Scott, a member of our facilities team noticed two men who did not appear to be snowboarders carrying boards down to the parking lot.

Great police work and great work by Scott. What does a snowboarder look like?:grin:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wasn't there a thread on here about a guy in a Mercedes stealing skis a few years back as well?
Don't remember that one.

I do remember a guy coming on here to report his very expensive Folsom skis being stolen at Loon and how he felt the mountain shared some liability because they didn't have surveillance cameras everywhere to catch thieves.

I'm 50/50 about when I lock my gear. Depends on where I'm skiing, how busy it is and how new the particular sets of skis I'm using are. My current gear is pretty worn. So, I don't lock it too often.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app