• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mikec142

Win,

Thanks as always for the insight. Count me as firmly in the camp of Sugarbush is doing a great job keeping people safe and making me feel comfortable with my decision to ski there. I was there on the day that those drone videos were shot and I never felt like the lines were unsafe and the waits were very reasonable for a Saturday after some fresh snow. To those that are critical, all I can say is, try skiing somewhere else and compare the experiences. I've detailed my exploits skiing at another mountain and how all covid safety protocols are out the window.

I would love to see SB add the webcams back. On days that I'm stuck at my desk, I often have the SB webcam up on a separate screen to keep me entertained.

See ya soon!

Mike

cdskier

The gunpowder on Stein's this afternoon was so silky smooth! And the mountain was completely empty this afternoon. Every lift was ski on. Very unusual for a Friday, but I guess the cold kept people away. No wind at all at LP this afternoon unless it was windy on HG. I took SB, GH, NL, and CR and barely even a breeze on any of them.

I also forgot just how flat the damn top of Village Run is. Now I remember why I don't use it that often to ski back to my condo...

WinS

The gunpowder on Stein's this afternoon was so silky smooth! And the mountain was completely empty this afternoon. Every lift was ski on. Very unusual for a Friday, but I guess the cold kept people away. No wind at all at LP this afternoon unless it was windy on HG. I took SB, GH, NL, and CR and barely even a breeze on any of them.

I also forgot just how flat the damn top of Village Run is. Now I remember why I don't use it that often to ski back to my condo...
Here is an interesting statistic. Just looked at Mammoth website and they are showing 113” of new snow. An an amazing depth. Groomer Dan told me the other day that the geo sat on his groomer showed an average of 9.25th feet or 111”. That was before the new round of snowmaking. He said one whale at the bottom was 27’ deep before he plowed into it. No longer in charge but nice to still get some info to share. Looking forward to some great spring skiing on Stein‘s in addition to what is there now.

Powder Whore

People have become obsessed with lift lines. And posting pics of them everywhere. Pics of them actualy skiing..not so much.
I can start posting pics Monday-Friday just to get under their skin. I ski right onto the chair damn near every run.

Last edited:

jaybird

Yeah that Steinsnow is truly primo 👌
As was everything on CR this week .. hit some dolomite .. 1 time only.
As long as the snowstake cameras are operational, no complaints from here.
Gotta love Hotronics 👍

cdskier

I can start posting pics Monday-Friday just to get under their skin. I ski right onto the chair damn near every run.
You could do the same thing this morning at Lincoln! Too cold for a lot of people I guess? Had a feeling it would be somewhat uncrowded today when my condo parking lot didn't fill completely up last night.

1dog

PH is also single and available Sarah, I wouldn't be enamored by his favorable comments. . . . he may be a PH, but he is very respectful of the female gender. . . .if I can say that anymore? Just don't follow him into the woods off lower T* * * * * * * * . . that's where he stashes his, well, stash. A Karen told me this - think that's her leg in the pic.

SkiSarah

PH is also single and available Sarah, I wouldn't be enamored by his favorable comments. . . . he may be a PH, but he is very respectful of the female gender. . . .if I can say that anymore? Just don't follow him into the woods off lower T* * * * * * * * . . that's where he stashes his, well, stash. A Karen told me this - think that's her leg in the pic.
Hold up, is this some kind of dating site? 😂 I thought we were here to complain about lift lines, etc. Enjoy the snow, everyone!

nhskier1969

Win,

Thanks as always for the insight. Count me as firmly in the camp of Sugarbush is doing a great job keeping people safe and making me feel comfortable with my decision to ski there. I was there on the day that those drone videos were shot and I never felt like the lines were unsafe and the waits were very reasonable for a Saturday after some fresh snow. To those that are critical, all I can say is, try skiing somewhere else and compare the experiences. I've detailed my exploits skiing at another mountain and how all covid safety protocols are out the window.

I would love to see SB add the webcams back. On days that I'm stuck at my desk, I often have the SB webcam up on a separate screen to keep me entertained.

See ya soon!

Mike
I agree, they are doing a good job with the lines. Mtn is in great shape. The only criticism I would have, the dinner ordering system at Rumbles is difficult to use.

CastlerockMRV

Nice skiing this morning with ~4.5" of fluff on the ground. Check out all the drifting on the 24-hour loop for the summit cam. The goods are definitely in the woods! Hopefully we can pick up another 6 or so tonight.

Powder Whore

Wow, I"m Lmao. At least somebody knows where to look for me if I turn up missing ! My avatar pic is a "MAJOR AWARD". Btw skiing was fantastic today.

HowieT2

Isn't it PW?

HowieT2

Wow, I"m Lmao. At least somebody knows where to look for me if I turn up missing ! My avatar pic is a "MAJOR AWARD". Btw skiing was fantastic today.
fantastic is right. might be the best conditions I've ever experienced in slidebrook. That being said, with HG down on windhold, we headed to castlerock first thing. Mistake. Top 1000' was completely wind scoured. Did CR run and middle earth. same story. woods were good.

Hawk

I was thinking that also by just let it fly. Also funny seeing the Covid online pick up attempt. Can't blame a guy for trying. ;-)

1dog

fantastic is right. might be the best conditions I've ever experienced in slidebrook. That being said, with HG down on windhold, we headed to castlerock first thing. Mistake. Top 1000' was completely wind scoured. Did CR run and middle earth. same story. woods were good.
Exactly right! Apologize, I’m still using phonics. Or is that Pppfonics?

SB report is amazing- I hope this post doesn’t wreck it. Bus social distancing helps a lot.
As fo CR- that leaves only 637 ‘ of soft turn verts.

thetrailboss

Staff member