• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

:(

i will prob ski sugarbush saturday and killington sunday, and then thats it.

going all the way to sugarloaf/saddleback for what is available seems like a lot of effort for a minimal payoff

i got my first dose on Saturday and my second on May 1, and i am considering a May 15 weekend at A-Basin. its a little dream right now, haven't even verbalized to my girlfriend. somewhat fearful of reaction...

dblskifanatic

going all the way to sugarloaf/saddleback for what is available seems like a lot of effort for a minimal payoff

i got my first dose on Saturday and my second on May 1, and i am considering a May 15 weekend at A-Basin. its a little dream right now, haven't even verbalized to my girlfriend. somewhat fearful of reaction...

Ah go for it! We have been out there twice and plan on going around the end of May as well.

pinnoke

I'm going to be skiing Copper tomorrow, and Breck on Wednesday before flying home to VT on Thursday...just these two days of skiing after accompanying my brother in law on his cross-country drive, from Long Island, for the first week of his newly-separated road odyssey (and he's not a skier!). It's going to start snowing tonight, and up to a couple of feet are in the ski country forecast over the next 5+ days! At least I'll get 2 days of skiing fun in, with a transplanted Sugarbush buddy, though I've missed some fabulous Sugarbush spring skiing the past week and a half, from everyone's reports. Oh well. As far as that little dream, before this 'call' came to help my brother in law, I was keeping a kayak.com window open on my computer, checking airfares and resort closing dates, for that last hurrah...and my wife (who's also a non-skier) didn't know about it. Well, I only needed a flight to get me home from Denver the night BEFORE my 39th anniversary!

KustyTheKlown

its not the chatter on alpine zone that is concerning, its that fuckstick and his skiology facebook page that blasts information to people who frankly don't really deserve to have it. bunch of low effort fucking gapers.

slatham

its not the chatter on alpine zone that is concerning, its that fuckstick and his skiology facebook page that blasts information to people who frankly don't really deserve to have it. bunch of low effort fucking gapers.
Yes especially when there are what, 50 total TRAILS open across the entire northeast? I would be coming up for this but without a really amazing dump that is enough in and of itself to open trails, not worth it.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

Yes especially when there are what, 50 total TRAILS open across the entire northeast? I would be coming up for this but without a really amazing dump that is enough in and of itself to open trails, not worth it.

i'm hoping for a good wet thick dump (lol - nice), my rock skis, and the ability to poach into terrain.

i pinged magic on Instagram to ask if there's a chance. there is no chance.

cdskier

The part that bothers me the most is that I think a lot of his followers truly believe he's some sort of professional in terms of weather. When in reality he has 0 formal training or experience and yet often criticizes the true professionals in that field. And even worse is that people are actually donating money to him to "support" his "service".

KustyTheKlown

most people on his page wouldn't have any idea it was about to dump in ski country if they weren't on his page. there is no chatter about this storm in ny media market, because its a non event here. the people on his page aren't the ones on alpine zone, single chair weather blog, opensnow, and first hand weather sources. its just this culture of oversharing on the internet that is so bogus. i know i get a slap on the wrists around here for talking about off map stuff, but there are like 50 regular posters here, and of those 50, maybe half who ski regularly in vermont and want to do the type of terrain i talk about, and i have no qualms sharing and learning from those posters here. maybe there are thousands of unregistered lurkers, but i really don't think so. on facebook this fuck is blasting information to 18000 members of his dumb page.

djd66

Wow, you sound like THE most hard core skier,... or at least you like to tell everyone you are.
As far as people knowing about this storm - are you kidding? Down here in Boston it’s on the front page of the Globe and on every news channel- including national. Sure, people will go up, but it’s not because of some guy posting about a storm on the internets.

tumbler

I wouldn't worry about a FB wanna be Al Roker sending the masses to ski this weekend. Almost everyone except the hard core and 2nd homeowners have moved on to spring activities. Seasonal rentals are over, golf courses are open and kids have sports. I know many locals that have moved on already. 10" of glop on top of bumps is not the easiest to ski...