• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

I will totally agree. Did you ski the center of the trail over the huge whales? They were super steep on the back side and the snow sluff would cascade down in front of you like in you see in those videos from AK. Well kind of. LOL I will admit the qualiy was fine on Steins.
I stuck more to the right, although did go a bit more towards center over some of the whales a few times. I did enjoy watching the snow cascade down in front of me lol!

cdskier

Hey all, quick question re: the new app.

I can log into my sugarbush acct online at the SB website no issues.

I try to log into the new app with the same user name/PW as my Sugarbush acct and i get a a message that says "not authorized".

any advice on what to do to get into the app? I'm coming up with the kids wed/Thursday and want to know lift status, trail status, what's groomed etc. They had that on the old app I assume they have it on this one.

Thanks!

To be blunt...the new app sucks. Better off looking at the website for lift and trail status as the app doesn't show grooming status and shows all the trails in 1 giant alphabetical list.

That said, you don't need to sign in to use at least the basic features of the app. (Annoying that it constantly prompts you to login, but you can just hit "dismiss"). I believe the app has its own login/account that you'd need to create separate from the SB website account.

teleo

Just bookmark the website conditions page and the youtube channel live video feed page. Still not great, but much better than the app.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

So I got into it, its tied to your IKON acct not your sugarbush acct. i just had to create an acct in the app.

Once I got in, i saw how useless it is. what a waste the other 1 was great with the grooming trails pink, etc.

and then I deleted it.

Is there any way to see what trails are groomed on a given day now? thanks!

cdskier

So I got into it, its tied to your IKON acct not your sugarbush acct. i just had to create an acct in the app.

Once I got in, i saw how useless it is. what a waste the other 1 was great with the grooming trails pink, etc.

and then I deleted it.

Is there any way to see what trails are groomed on a given day now? thanks!
Yes...the snow report on the website. The information is accurate and updated every day. Lift information is updated pretty close to real-time as well if something is delayed, or on a hold etc.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Yes...the snow report on the website. The information is accurate and updated every day. Lift information is updated pretty close to real-time as well if something is delayed, or on a hold etc.

Thanks! anyone been to mount ellen lately? wondering which non black trails have been left alone to get moguls. Me and my kids are working on getting better at moguls, bumps on blacks is still above my our pay grade. Lower FIS used to get bumpy and wasn't too steep either. And I cant wait to ski walts!!! thx!

cdskier

Thanks! anyone been to mount ellen lately? wondering which non black trails have been left alone to get moguls. Me and my kids are working on getting better at moguls, bumps on blacks is still above my our pay grade. Lower FIS used to get bumpy and wasn't too steep either. And I cant wait to ski walts!!! thx!
I haven't been to ME since before the storm, but I do look at the trail report every day and scroll through what was groomed. I don't recall seeing Semi-Tough, Walts, or Upper Lookin Good on the groomed list recently. Those would probably be the main non-blacks that don't get groomed too often. Lower FIS hasn't been groomed either, but that's a black, although you're already familiar with it so it certainly meets the bumped up criteria.

mikec142

While I was sad to miss out on Sugarbush this past weekend, I made it to Gore. Drove up with a buddy late on Wednesday night. Skied Thursday by myself. It was raining lightly at the base, but a third of the way up the gondola it changed over to snow. Stayed up top for the day and ended up having a really great time. I'm going to guess that it was me and about 99 other people at the mountain. Ski onto any lift. Friday it nuked snow all day and I think that the treacherous driving kept people away. There might have been a 2-3 minute line at the Gondola but everywhere else was pretty much ski on. I think they said they ended up with about 20" total. The glades off of Burnt Ridge were amazing. Saturday was bluebird and crowded. The parking lot was busier than I had ever seen it. That said, the gondola line was only about 8-10 minutes. The Burnt Ridge quad is usally ski on and there was a long but fast moving line there. I think they are so unused to having crowds over there that they didn't set up a rope queue and the line went about 100 yards up the hill.

Not sure when I'm getting back to SB...I think my wife would be pretty unforgiving if I was AWOL four out of five weekends and then followed that up with a trip out west.

tumbler

So sitting in Gatehouse upstairs this weekend and I noticed over both entry doors something that looked like a RFID reader. I know we are getting tracked at every lift but are they tracking how much you use the lodge? Data, data, data.

Great weekend, less lines on Sunday was nice.

Kingslug20

Hit SB today..much windier than expected. Top lifts were closed so i ended up at CR for a while. Middle earth was pretty banged up..CR run and Cotillion in much better shape. Should have hit Steins...looks sporty.

WinS

Hey all, quick question re: the new app.

I can log into my sugarbush acct online at the SB website no issues.

I try to log into the new app with the same user name/PW as my Sugarbush acct and i get a a message that says "not authorized".

any advice on what to do to get into the app? I'm coming up with the kids wed/Thursday and want to know lift status, trail status, what's groomed etc. They had that on the old app I assume they have it on this one.

Thanks!
Hmmm. It should work. Maybe try your email and then password. That’s how I do it. To get basic info though you don’t need to log in, just get new app. It is different and you will need to learn to navigate it.

Heard Slidebrook will not run this season?
Heard the same thing -- was sitting next to someone in Mountain Ops after work at the Reks yesterday who told us that. Also that Saturday was SB's second busiest day (i can't remember, it was either second-busiest or second-busiest non-holiday day). I said "well, at least we know that's the worst it's going to get", and the response was something like "wait until all the Epic people defect next year". 🥶

pinion

thetrailboss

Staff member

pinion

“However, the reality is at this point we’re not optimistic that Slide Brook will spin this year. The main reason for this is predominantly staffing.”

Read that earlier today and thought it was relevant to this convo.