• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

Got it...much better! I didn't understand that your 20+1 was only referencing IKON days. I skied at Red 2 years ago; got home 1 day before TSHTF. Had a great time! Stayed right in Rossland at a hotel across from the brewery. We got some modest powder for our final day...beautiful! On THAT trip, also using Spokane as our gateway, we skied 1 day at Lookout Pass; 1 at Silver; and 3 or 4 each at Schweitzer and Red. This past early March, we were back at Schweitzer; then Whitefish. My usual suspects that gather from across the US aren't 'up to' Whitewater, though I've got it on my radar. I'd also like to get back. Thinking ahead to a return to Fernie (only had 1 day there a few years back, after 4 'in Banff'; 3 at Panorama; plus one at Kimberley). Missing late Spring at SB, but for good reason...a healthy beautiful granddaughter born Tuesday, in Atlanta; followed by 40th anniversary stopover somewhere coastal with the non-skiing and totally understanding Mrs...before the road(s) home. Cheer on Win and the pond skimmers for me this Saturday!
Congrats
rossland is cool, Nelson, is bigger with more restaurants/bars

HowieT2

Oops, posted that prematurely. We skied red one day where it started off ok and then snowed an inch or two midday and was fantastic. There’s some really nice tree skiing there.
I haven’t spoken to anyone who has stayed at those mid mountain cabins they just built, but that is very intriguing.

Shredmonkey254

Oops, posted that prematurely. We skied red one day where it started off ok and then snowed an inch or two midday and was fantastic. There’s some really nice tree skiing there.
I haven’t spoken to anyone who has stayed at those mid mountain cabins they just built, but that is very intriguing.
Red mountain is one of my favorite ski ares anywhere! Trees and steeps and no peeps! No reports from today? I played plumber all day and missed out on festivities

cdskier

Red mountain is one of my favorite ski ares anywhere! Trees and steeps and no peeps! No reports from today? I played plumber all day and missed out on festivities
The new snow at the top was very sticky this morning. Not sure if it improved later on as I didn't go back up after my initial runs up there. Bottom half of the mountain was nice and fun though (as long as you didn't mind getting wet). Pond skimming was fun to watch as usual. I bailed around noon once the water started soaking through my jacket.

cdskier

According to the RFID gates, today was day 1 at SB for me! I did finally renew my Ikon pass last night, so maybe that reset the count for some reason?

Smellytele

Was there today. Snow showers all day. Top of the mtn was in the clouds all day. Ripcord was good in the morning but got scraped off in the afternoon. Steins got softer as you got down it but top was slide into a bump and turn.
Lower organ grinder was getting very thin this afternoon.
Bird land was my favorite today.

teleo

Someone in front of me went to day 1. Lifty said renewal resets. Wife just renewed ours, so I'm guessing I go from 63 to 1 tomorrow.

cdskier

I noticed the Brew Grass festival listed on the events page on the website. $95/ticket (which is $40 cheaper than last year...but still over double the pre-COVID prices and you still have less than half the number of breweries that you had in the past). So once again, I doubt I'll go this year.

Hawk

I will be on Martha's Vineyard circum-navigating the island on road bikes that weekend so I will not be around. I might have gone but I agree it is a little steep for most people.

Hawk

It doesn't work that way. They give you a certain amount of tickets for 4 oz pours. When your tickets are gone you are done. unless you grab ohter people tickets. I have never been that drunk at one of these things and I am a lightweight.

cdskier

Yup...you get to taste 12 beers this year. Like Hawk said, you can't just keep drinking as much as you want. I do appreciate that "feature" to avoid having to worry about a bunch of drunks at the event and keep everything more relaxed and laid back. But the price still needs to be reasonable to make it worth it.

Kingslug20

The hunter beer fests were ..a bit different.
The ones i used to go to in nyc..all..you can drink. I think i had a good time at them..

skiur

In my experience with beerfests you just have to send a young attractive female up for the beers and they don't ask for tickets. ;)