• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

teleo

I see they made snow on Organgrinder all night
Hopefully that indicates jester is covered. HG webcam shows the base filling in and the chair was just running. Hoping for upper mountain this weekend🤔 Connected to bottom via lower downspout to coffee run?
John? Win?

jaybird

Isn't Pushover Klik now? If so that's a moot point. Spring Fling and Snowball have towers, so yeah the hoses should be blown out, reattached to the gun and left draped somewhere visible until snowmaking season is over then brought inside for the off season. Some places just leave them outside all the time. Better of the longevity of the hose if you can haul em in though. Not sure what SB's current practice is there. Maybe they do haul hose around from fixed gear to fixed gear.

They haul stuff around where required.
Gives snowboard patrollers something to do 🤡
This is from a couple years ago on Sigi’s.

Attachments

• F0EE67A3-16FC-4A3A-B0AB-BFC33DA65165.jpeg
    F0EE67A3-16FC-4A3A-B0AB-BFC33DA65165.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39

djd66

They haul stuff around where required.
Gives snowboard patrollers something to do 🤡
This is from a couple years ago on Sigi’s.
That looks like a workman's comp claim waiting to happen.

Newpylong

Mountain Guard would have loved to see us. 2 up on a snowmobile, 20 lb LP tank on the rider's lap with torch, couple of snowguns around the drivers waist and a bunch of hose dragging behind lol. Common practice.

cdskier

You can lap Village Quad starting tomorrow!

If that doesn't spell excitement I don't know what does!

Looks like they've pushed out and groomed the snow on the upper part of DS near Allyn's at least so looks like they're getting it ready to potentially open soon. Still guns going on DS near the HG base (although they were winching that area last night). Not sure if DS itself isn't ready enough yet or whether they're still waiting on that Super Bravo rumored issue to be fixed. Whatever it is, hope they get more open soon.

Kingslug20

That's for sure...but I think of it like going to the gym...gets you in shape for the good stuff...
Nothing like skiing...to get in shape..for skiing.

Lotso

Bravo spinning on webcam. No load yet but it's alive... hopefully putting through final paces before opening some day

And looks like guns being readied on Ripcord

Bravo and HG spinning Sunday

Last edited:

hovercraft

HG needs to be replaced its a shit lift. Time to pony up the money along with better snowmaking

cdskier

Heavens gate lift just went...kerploop...
Damn....
Whatever it was...it was only closed for a bit over an hour before they reopened it.

Guns are blowing...lot filling up..might be a bit...busy today..

Longest line I waited on today was about 2-3 minutes at Heaven's Gate early on.

Looks like they added quite a few tower guns to Lower DS (or at least I don't remember that many towers in the past). I'm guessing maybe they came from Pushover since they put the new HKDs with the Kliks on Pushover now?

Also this being my first time back up in the valley in a while, thought it was interesting that the speed limit on the access road from Golf Course Rd to the mountain is now down to 30 MPH. And the intersection at the end of the access road is now a 4 way stop instead of 3 way.