• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

Awesome run that was. I think it snowed St Pattys Day as well that year. On the less inspiring days I view it sometimes as going to the gym. Gets me in shape to ski the good days a little better.
Yes, you are correct. The year of the Holiday storms. Wasn’t that the spring when the Killington Refugees came to Sugarbush.

KustyTheKlown

Awesome run that was. I think it snowed St Pattys Day as well that year. On the less inspiring days I view it sometimes as going to the gym. Gets me in shape to ski the good days a little better.

i've made the same adjustment in order to appreciate the bad days more. those days i set vertical footage goals, speed goals, and form goals. i'll try to get very low in my carves. i'll try to basically ski a narrow slalom course the width of one groomer, pretending that there are vertical drop offs on either side of my track. try to ski every narrow line down every trail so that i color in the whole run on the ski tracks app. stuff like that to keep it spicy.

as much as i rag on racer kids (and i stand by them being the worst contingent at any given mountain), i think i would have been quite good at it, had i not grown up on an island at sea level

Hawk

That year I spent mostly off trail and in all kinds of obsure places. I learned about runs like Sugar Sugar and Nowhere. You could ski anywhere and we tested the boundries of that ending up in all kinds of strange places. A good year indeed.

HowieT2

Yes, you are correct. The year of the Holiday storms. Wasn’t that the spring when the Killington Refugees came to Sugarbush.
could be, but I think that was either the next season or the one after that. We have friends who had/have a place at kton who were amongst those refugees and I'm pretty sure it was either 07/08 or 08/09. but tbh since the pandemic my memories of the before times is pretty shaky.

HowieT2

That year I spent mostly off trail and in all kinds of obsure places. I learned about runs like Sugar Sugar and Nowhere. You could ski anywhere and we tested the boundries of that ending up in all kinds of strange places. A good year indeed.
and there's still one place we need to go to.

skiur

Yes, you are correct. The year of the Holiday storms. Wasn’t that the spring when the Killington Refugees came to Sugarbu

Moose would know, he's the one that made the tee shirts!

Kingslug20

Looking at the radar now..lot of snow should be falling now thru tomorrow...
Poured at my house for a while..

KustyTheKlown

NH and western maine look best positioned for this minor event. i am skiing loon tomorrow. they seem to have a lot open with good solid snowmaking base. 1" down, another 2" tonight. east coast pow day tmrw baby