• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

thetrailboss

Staff member
I doubt Heavens Gate is going is being replaced or upgraded to a carpet loading quad any time soon. Last year they replaced most of the inner working of the lift so I assume the plan is to keep it for another 20 years.

As long as it runs reliably I don't think anyone really cares. It offers enough capacity most of the time from what I saw.

WWF-VT

Interesting. That is higher up the slope than I thought it would be. Also, what is that new building going up beside the lift? A new Mountain Ops building? Something for snowmaking?

I think there is further grading to be done. Here is information from Win on the building to the right of the lift:

The big building to the right of the new lift looking up hill is for Mountain Water and Lift Maintenance. The bottom floor contains two sand filters where water from Clay Brook flows to be filtered and fed into the overall water system in the winter. Only our wells are needed in the summer. These filters were in the old building basement which was torn down. The second and third floors of the new building with be for lift maintenance. They will have their lockers there, storage for parts and a work area for repairs. They were in the Vehicle Maintenance building previously but this is better space for them and Snowmakers will now use their space which is better for them.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think there is further grading to be done. Here is information from Win on the building to the right of the lift:

The big building to the right of the new lift looking up hill is for Mountain Water and Lift Maintenance. The bottom floor contains two sand filters where water from Clay Brook flows to be filtered and fed into the overall water system in the winter. Only our wells are needed in the summer. These filters were in the old building basement which was torn down. The second and third floors of the new building with be for lift maintenance. They will have their lockers there, storage for parts and a work area for repairs. They were in the Vehicle Maintenance building previously but this is better space for them and Snowmakers will now use their space which is better for them.

Interesting.

dlague

I definitely will take the Super Bravo lift first. Hate hiking to a lift. Yes I am lazy. That is steeper than it looks when there is snow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

I definitely will take the Super Bravo lift first. Hate hiking to a lift. Yes I am lazy. That is steeper than it looks when there is snow.

It's a bit of a hike to even get to the base lodge from the parking lot at Lincoln (better since they removed the stairs & put in a walkway). You'd definitely not ski Mt. Ellen if you had to park in one of the lower lots. Forget about getting to the Forerunner quad at Stowe from the Mansfield base lodge.

HowieT2

That is not going to be a hike of any significance. I dont know that they are doing any grading down there.

cdskier

That is not going to be a hike of any significance. I dont know that they are doing any grading down there.

Agreed...and compared to what it was before with the old VH lift, I'll take this any day!

cdskier

They're on the SkiMRV forum located at the bottom. You have to register there to see them. I'd post them here but can't seem to be able to C&P them.

Win has also added insight in that forum.

Since one of them was my pic anyway, I suppose I can repost it here to make things easier :) IMG_8491.jpg

HowieT2

I thought that site was deserted...
Haven't been on in years now I hear Win is posting in it!

He's actually quite active on there during the season. takes off from May until about this time of year.