The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 555

AlpineZone

Page 555 of 591 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 5901
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yup...although oddly enough we actually decided to take 4 to 100 this time. VTrans webcam showed Rt 4 in Mendon clear meanwhile the radar showed possibly more precip further north so thought at the time we were going through that Mendon pass would be the better option to cross to the eastern side of the greens. No idea how Brandon gap actually was at the time, but Rt 4 and 100 all the way up to SB were in great shape when we drove through.
    Great shape. I kept waiting to see the roadway snow covered and it didn’t happen even though it was snowing pretty hard from Manchester up.
    btw-if you turn at the McDonald’s 4 towards the hospital then turn again at the hospital, you skip about 6 traffic lights.

Wednesday through Friday look like ideal corn harvest days. I’m ready for spring after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Great shape. I kept waiting to see the roadway snow covered and it didn’t happen even though it was snowing pretty hard from Manchester up.
    btw-if you turn at the McDonald’s 4 towards the hospital then turn again at the hospital, you skip about 6 traffic lights.
    LOL. I was literally just looking at google maps a few minutes ago and figured that out as I remembered someone saying something about the "hospital shortcut" at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    LOL. I was literally just looking at google maps a few minutes ago and figured that out as I remembered someone saying something about the "hospital shortcut" at some point.
    Theres a McDonald’s at both intersections on 4 and signs for the hospital obviously. You literally can’t miss it. And it saves going through that mess on 4 through Rutland.

Theres a McDonald’s at both intersections on 4 and signs for the hospital obviously. You literally can’t miss it. And it saves going through that mess on 4 through Rutland.
    Yea, thanks. Good to know if I take that route again for some reason.

Does the resort provide housing for those kids on the work visas? That’s a great deal. Too bad that visa is only 90 days.

Fwiw-i didn’t think gatehouse lodge was crowded at all on Saturday. Everyone must have been out skiing. A late season storm like that is really a blessing.
    We now have housing for approximately 130 employees. We own some but lease several other properties. In the future the plan is to build more of our own that is walking distance to the resort. Employees do pay rent but it is very very affordable. Almost all ski areas are doing this now in order to attract employees.

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    In the future the plan is to build more of our own that is walking distance to the resort.
    Where might this be located?
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

What are we thinking about this weekend? My weather app is saying 59 degrees and wet for Saturday but I’d really like to get up there one more time on the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Where might this be located?
    We have two locations. Expanding the building that we currently have at the Bottom of Lot F and building where the Old Rosita's Restaurant was just downhill from the Sugar Tree Inn that we bought and converted to employee housing.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post
    What are we thinking about this weekend? My weather app is saying 59 degrees and wet for Saturday but I’d really like to get up there one more time on the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There will be some nice soft turns. Too far out to call but it looks like some showers possible on Saturday but not a wash out. There are some signs that there could be some accumulating snow Sunday night as it cools down again.

Thread Information