The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 572

AlpineZone

Page 572 of 591 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5902
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Exactly. Too exposed.

Also agree that the regrade would be a good idea.
    That would work.

Damn...you people are getting lazy! The short little hike from HG to Jester is good exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
    New Glen House Lodge
    Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
    More employee housing
    Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
    Replace Inverness lift
    Expand ME base Lodge
    Renovate Sugarbush Inn
    Renovate SHARC
    New vehicle maintenance building
    New golf clubhouse
    Some additional summer activities
    Replace Bravo in 5 years.
    And thatís only some of the items.
    Some very worthwhile items on that list! I'll send you a blank check next week. Just let me know the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Damn...you people are getting lazy! The short little hike from HG to Jester is good exercise!
    Probably. I am looking at it in hindsight by a few years admittedly.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    Any word on what will officially be open this weekend? Are we down to just Stiens? Or can you patch together Snowball, fling and a way to lower grinder?
    Should have Snowball, Spring Fling and Coffee Run too.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Well, I can assure you SR does not do this. In fact they can't, they do not even have a system to accurately count individual skier days.

I really enjoyed the fact of receiving thank you emails for visiting when I skied with my Ikon at Sugarbush this year. I realize some of that was marketing to have me come back (which I did but would have anyway) but it still was a nice touch. Did I mention I love RFID systems? So smooth and easy for direct to the lift and I can only imagine the benefit of that type of data for the areas, lift usage, skier numbers, patterns. Some might say too much data, but I have to imagine it allows better info for future investment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    That upgrade to RFID is very costly. Sugarbush had to do 7 lifts and win confirmed it was not inexpensive. They have to install steel swing arms that could swing out of the path of the groomers so that they could groom around the base. They do not have them on the upper mountain lifts because it is a pretty good hike to those locations. Sunday river would have to do 11 I figure: (2) White cap, (2) Barker, (3) South Ridge, (1) North Peak, (2) Aurora, (1) Jordan. There might be issues with short hikes to White Heat, Spruce and Oz. White heat is the only one that I would hike to for the best skiing. Not a big deal. I think people on the SR message board actually talked to Dana B about that and he thought it was cost prohibitive.

The depth and wall to wall coverage on steins is impressive. I canít remember the last time it was that well covered on closing weekend. Nice job by mtn ops and snowmaking teams! Skiing very well too. Spring fling is a bit crispy though so Iíll stick to lapping steins for now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    The depth and wall to wall coverage on steins is impressive. I can’t remember the last time it was that well covered on closing weekend. Nice job by mtn ops and snowmaking teams! Skiing very well too. Spring fling is a bit crispy though so I’ll stick to lapping steins for now.

See you out there shortly. I was just waiting for people to body groom the snow and loosen it up. Fog band seem to be lowering again. Was hoping for some breaks of sun or so the satellite image shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    See you out there shortly. I was just waiting for people to body groom the snow and loosen it up. Fog band seem to be lowering again. Was hoping for some breaks of sun or so the satellite image shows.
    Fog band moving up and down a lot. One run you are clear top to bottom on steins and the next you have fog halfway down it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That upgrade to RFID is very costly. Sugarbush had to do 7 lifts and win confirmed it was not inexpensive. They have to install steel swing arms that could swing out of the path of the groomers so that they could groom around the base. They do not have them on the upper mountain lifts because it is a pretty good hike to those locations. Sunday river would have to do 11 I figure: (2) White cap, (2) Barker, (3) South Ridge, (1) North Peak, (2) Aurora, (1) Jordan. There might be issues with short hikes to White Heat, Spruce and Oz. White heat is the only one that I would hike to for the best skiing. Not a big deal. I think people on the SR message board actually talked to Dana B about that and he thought it was cost prohibitive.
    DB thinks a lot of things are too costly. The lines at ticket windows/points this year for Ikon users to get day tickets was absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary if they would upgrade their tech. I would change your layout of gates. Only 2 in South ridge (carpet does not need it). Spruce should have it with the uphill traffic being easily reached. Aurora should not have any, hardest point to reach outside of other lifts and Jordan needs two, one on the double as well due to hotel there. The mountain claims they tried it but the system they demo'd failed anytime the outside temp was below 0. I know SB's system doesn't seem to have that problem as I skied at -5 this year and it worked fine that day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information